W7 boot manager

Reaction score
Hi All,

After reinstalling W7 off the original licensed copy I note that there is a persistent page that appears after the bios screen runs through that is to do with the boot manager. It provides the option of loading W7 or advanced options such as safe mode or last known good config.

I can't see where this has been discussed in a previous forum. Just wondering if it is possible to set the boot somehow so that the system boots straight to W7 and how to do it.

regards

Rikki27

Reaction score
Hi. That boot option screen is only supposed to be shown when you hit f8 to intentionally bring it up or when the system was not shut down properly.

Since I can tell you're not hitting f8, all you need to do is use the start menu shut down button to turn off the pc. When you boot up again, that boot loading screen should not be shown.

Reaction score
TorrentG,

I have rebooted a few times allowing the OS to boot to the log on window and then restarted but the bootmanager window still comes up. I have just let the time tick by and then let the first option "W7" select. Hasn't changed.

Rikki27

Reaction score
Hrrrmm..

Weird. Have you checked your bios to make sure that the first boot device is the hard drive where the bootmgr and Boot folder are installed to?

(It should be the same drive that Disk Management shows as the "system" drive.)

Also, remove the Windows 7 DVD if it is in the DVD drive.

Reaction score
Will check again but it appears the bios settings are fine. Advice from other forum suggested running msconfig and selecting boot tab, adjusting time out to 3 sec which is the lowest. Still see same page for 3 seconds though but at least it doesn't delay the OS boot.

Any suggestions for shortening the delay period to zero?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Rikki27 - no offense here, but you've really been going through the learning curve here lately, haven't you.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
What kind of install?

Clean?
Upgrade?
Repair?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Open msconfig - again Boot tab, and make sure you have not accidentally selected "Safe Boot"
Your last query - just make the boot time out "0"

Reaction score
Yep, a step learning curve. Will check settings given in advice and get back to forum. OS already installed up and running.

thanks

again

Ask a Question