W10 update from W7 Pro

Reaction score
Hi All

Issue with the above, I "signed up" to receive W10 via the windows update service and this has now arrived. However when I try to install a W7 update I am forced to download and install W10 first. I have hidden the optional update for W10 but it hasn't made any difference. Is there any way I can stop W10 update from going ahead and just install the W7 updates?

many thanks

Jim

Reaction score
Yes there is a "Show all available updates" link below the "Upgrade to Windows 10 - Get started" box. From there you can install (or hide) which ever updates you want.

I had to check on my own machine before I could answer you. This is actually the first time, I have heard anyone ask this particular question.

Reaction score
Yes there is a "Show all available updates" link below the "Upgrade to Windows 10 - Get started" box. From there you can install (or hide) which ever updates you want.

I had to check on my own machine before I could answer you. This is actually the first time, I have heard anyone ask this particular question.
Hi Clifford
Many thanks for the reply, no matter what I do it looks as though I am going to have to download and install W10 and see what happens, may have to create a restore point before installing W10 and then do a system restore if W10 gives me problems, obviously once that happens the W7 updates would become irrelevant - hopefully!!

regards

Jim

Reaction score
I installed it and after a week it started having a problem not recognizing me as the administrator even though the account said I was the administrator. I wrote the help desk and they created remotely, a new user name. That seemed to work about a week then it did the same thing. I tried to go back to windows 7 but it wouldnt allow me to create a new user or restore my old files. So i erased it all and reinstalled windows 7, lost a few files that I hadnt backed up. Moral of the story is if its free its not worth it. Im still waiting to be reimbursed for vista and windows millenium. If you dont want to upgrade you need to uninstall kb 3035583 and that will get rid of the notice that you need to upgrade and keep it from pestering you to death. Windows 7 has another 5 years support so why upgrade to your telephone. If i wanted a telephone type system id just buy a telephone not a computer.

Ask a Question