Volume too low in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just got Acer Aspiire AX1800-E1232 i can't get to increase the volume when listen to a cd i've done everything possible on realtek hd audio manager. checked laudness equalization volume is up to 100 when try to update the driver windows says I have the most updted. what can I do to be able to leastem music on my pc/ i would appreciate any help.

Reaction score
try vlc media player. it will enhance your sound from 100 % volume to 400% .but it seems to me that the cd has been written with a low quality sound . check the bit rate at which sound is coming as output. you may also try installing Klite codec pack to windows media player to get enhanced audio output and better codec support .just google it :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Did you try adjusting the Master Volume Control ? Sometimes in System Tray on lower right corner. Always in Control Panel, Sound

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First since it is a new computer please make sure you have your speakers plugged in to the proper jack (assuming they are not USB speakers) - for my computer brand it is color coded green but yours may be different. Also see if your speakers require an external power source and if so make sure that is properly connected. Then there are at least three possible volume controls - 1. physically on the speakers themselves you may have a volume knob, crank it up. 2. Programatically, the speaker volume - i use a speaker icon in my system tray or the media control keys on my keyboard to turn this up and down. 3. The Mixer wave settings, this is what windows media player actually uses and can show 100% even though speaker volume in 1 or 2 may be very low.

If the speakers are connected and powered properly and all 3 of these volume controls are turned up then if you cannot hear any sounds from any source properly you may have sound driver problems, a bad soundcard, or bad speakers. If other sources play fine then your CD may have been recorded at an extremely low volume.

Reaction score
First since it is a new computer please make sure you have your speakers plugged in to the proper jack (assuming they are not USB speakers) - for my computer brand it is color coded green but yours may be different. Also see if your speakers require an external power source and if so make sure that is properly connected. Then there are at least three possible volume controls - 1. physically on the speakers themselves you may have a volume knob, crank it up. 2. Programatically, the speaker volume - i use a speaker icon in my system tray or the media control keys on my keyboard to turn this up and down. 3. The Mixer wave settings, this is what windows media player actually uses and can show 100% even though speaker volume in 1 or 2 may be very low.

If the speakers are connected and powered properly and all 3 of these volume controls are turned up then if you cannot hear any sounds from any source properly you may have sound driver problems, a bad soundcard, or bad speakers. If other sources play fine then your CD may have been recorded at an extremely low volume.
All my volume control are set as you recomend .I ve try two speakers first one does not require externel power I use on old PC the other is a Sony SRS A37 Mega Bass this one it looks like I would need a external power ,which i did not have on when i try.I have to find it to see if solve the problema.thanks for your replyTrainableMan.

Reaction score
All my volume control are set as you recomend .I ve try two speakers first one does not require externel power I use on old PC the other is a Sony SRS A37 Mega Bass this one it looks like I would need a external power ,which i did not have on when i try.I have to find it to see if solve the problema.thanks for your replyTrainableMan.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Non-powered speakers tend to be very low volume. What I was able to find on the web says the Sony SRS A37 Mega Bass does require an AC adapter for power. Once powered the Sony SRS provides up to 1.5 Watts - not huge, but these may be perfectly suitable for general PC use. If you are hoping to listen to symphonies or watch HD or Blueray movies you may consider investing in a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system.

Reaction score
Non-powered speakers tend to be very low volume. What I was able to find on the web says the Sony SRS A37 Mega Bass does require an AC adapter for power. Once powered the Sony SRS provides up to 1.5 Watts - not huge, but these may be perfectly suitable for general PC use. If you are hoping to listen to symphonies or watch HD or Blueray movies you may consider investing in a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system.
Hi, just tried w/ Sone AC power I had missing .did not solve my problem. sorry ,to bug you again w/ this issue.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have no sound at all or is it just very quiet? Do some sounds like CDs work but others do not or is everything the same (which ones work & which ones do not)?

If you have no sound at all then please see if you have device driver problems, go to ... Start Menu \ Control Panel \ Device Manager
Find "sound, video, and game controlers" and click the + to expand it
Double Click on the one like "High Definition Audio"
does it say "device driver is working properly"?

Reaction score
System Sounds too low?

Right-click on your speaker icon down on the Taskbar ...select 'Playback Devices', now click on the 'Communications Tab' now select the radio button that says 'Do Nothing' ...click apply

Your sounds will now be at the right levels

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
This thread is two years old. It is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question