Volume Shadow Copy help

Reaction score
What services need to be enabled for Volume Shadow Copy to work in Windows 7 Professional x64 ?

Reaction score
Here's why I ask

TorrentG. Here's 2 screenshots. One is of the Services you listed and there settings. The second one is the reason I asked this. Diskeeper Professional 2010 lists Volume Shadow Copy as being unavailable.
Only 2 services:

1) Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

2) Volume Shadow Copy

Attachments

Reaction score
That's Diskeeper's method of telling you that it isn't going to touch or move the System Restore files.

Nothing at all to be concerned with.

If you want those files defragmented too, you'll have to perform an offline defrag. O&O Defrag can do this - not sure about Diskeeper as I don't use that.

Reaction score
Good article.

That's a good article. I don't think it covers the reason I posted the question. See I use Diskeeper Professional 2010 and it shows Volume Shadow Copy as being unavailable on both my hard drives. Drive D: I can understand as System Restore is only activated for drive C:, which contains Windows & Programs. My Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and Videos are on drive D:
I think this article will help you from last year.

Controlling Shadow Copies in Vista (and Windows 7!)

Reaction score
That's a good article. I don't think it covers the reason I posted the question. See I use Diskeeper Professional 2010 and it shows Volume Shadow Copy as being unavailable on both my hard drives. Drive D: I can understand as System Restore is only activated for drive C:, which contains Windows & Programs. My Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches and Videos are on drive D:
Hrrrm...perhaps you haven't seen my previous post yet while you posted this?

Reaction score
Solved

Thanks TorrentG. I figured it wasn't setup right by what Diskeeper stated.
That's Diskeeper's method of telling you that it isn't going to touch or move the System Restore files.

Nothing at all to be concerned with.

If you want those files defragmented too, you'll have to perform an offline defrag. O&O Defrag can do this - not sure about Diskeeper as I don't use that.

Ask a Question