video card driver problem

Reaction score
When i open window 7 games it shows the message "hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver,which could slow game performance.make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on."
in my device manager under sound,video and game controllers it shows unsupported standard game port. please help me to fix this problem.

Reaction score
Hi ranga - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Which Windows 7 Build are you working with?
Which video card or chipset do you have?
Have you installed the latest drivers from the cards manufacturer?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
We need information on what GPU your system uses... if you are not sure then you can download http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ and post a screenshot of the program so we can give you the correct driver link.

Reaction score
video card inf

i attached screen shot of my device manager in that it shows my video card (via graphics adapter).

under sound, video and game controller->it shows unsupported standard game port. i don't know why games are running very slow.

before opening of the games it shows the message "hardware acceleration is either disabled" i attached screen shot of the message please help me to solve the problem advanced thanks to all.

Attachments

Reaction score
ranga this "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" that is installed on your machine is not what we need to know. When windows does not detect your video properly. Windows will install a generic driver which is called "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

If you download the program that kougar linked too and run the Applicaton. It will give better information as to which GPU(Graphics Processing Unit) you have. If you find you dont know how to read this information post a screenshot and we can further assist you.

Reaction score
gpu screeenshot

i attached the screen shot of gpuz.

I downloaded gpuz when i double clicks on gpuz it display the message unknown architecture. when i click ok it open gpuz and it shows unknown

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK - That didn't work

Which computer do you have

Manufacturer and model?
If you know the motherboard this would be helpful?

Download this program CPU-Z and see if it helps. Here is my sys info

Reaction score
ranga

I hate to say this but it looks as if your hardware does not have vista support.
I am only finding XP drivers for your board. Model: A7V400-MX

I wish I could point you straight to the file to download. It seems Asus wants you to start at the first page and navigate through a half dozen pages. Its no wonder they have lots of traffic.

Asus is giving me fits with a direct download link for the VIA/S3G KM400A Graphics Driver. For some reason the China link is the only one of three links working. There is also a P2P link that works. Aside from the links not working ASUSTek seemed to have to much traffic and didnt want to load the page half the time.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford!

Glad ya got it working Ranga. :)

Reaction score
Hi,

When i open window 7 games it shows the message "hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver,which could slow game performance.make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on."
in my device manager under sound,video and game controllers it shows unsupported standard game port. Resolution is also changed.

When i scan for hardware. One unknown driver is present in Device manager what to do for resolving this issue? please help me to fix this problem. My PC (Sony Vaio VGN - NW240F/S)

eng

Reaction score
laptop inspiron 5010

my lap to is dell inspiron 5010 and i have aproblem in hardware acceleration my cards typ is attached in this replay4plesa answer me quickly

Attachments

Reaction score
my lap to is dell inspiron 5010 and i have aproblem in hardware acceleration my cards typ is attached in this replay4plesa answer me quickly
It can't have acceleration on Vista or 7. You must use XP for video hardware acceleration.

Reaction score
Graphic problem

I have attached my Gpu details please help me.

Attachments

Reaction score
Try these simple tips:
  • Unplug your Graphics card and re-insert it.
  • Update the Graphics card drivers
  • Update windows drivers
  • Stop unwanted services and programs e.g Anti-Virus
  • Update Java and DirectX
If issue still exists then Restore your PC.

Reaction score
in my device manager under sound,video and game controllers it shows unsupported standard game port. please help me to fix this problem.

Attachments

Ask a Question