Various BSOD Problems

Reaction score
Hi guys, first time poster.

I'm having some problems after upgrading to 8gb of RAM. I've received multiple BSODs for multiple reasons such as PFN List Corrupt, System Service Exception and others that I can't remember.

I've made sure the RAM is installed correctly and I have ran it through Memtest86 and both sticks passed.

What's causing this?

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5251-1005..
2GB DDR3 now upgraded to 8GB DDR3
AMD Phenom II X920 Quad-Core processor (upgrade)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
250 GB HDD

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Are all the memory sticks the same brand & model? Upgrading from one 2 GB stick, for example, you're better off switching them all than adding three new sticks.

I've also found that sometimes on budget laptops when you hit the max RAM you encounter BSODs.

If all the sticks (assuming there are four of them) are the same, I'd put in two first, see if it runs without BSODs, then add the third, do the same.

Could also consider making sure BIOS is up to date.

TrainableMan may have more suggestions as to BIOS settings, timings etc to look for etc.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
and both sticks passed.
From this it would appear he has 2 sticks, not 4.

Turtle could you please post your DMP files and CPU-Z info? See >>HERE<< regarding how to ask for BSOD help.

Ask a Question