USB port BSOD

Reaction score
Hello all
I don't have any more ideas so i have to ask all of you for help with this BSOD.
The first BSOD appeared a month ago on windows 8. I was trying to locate cuse of this BSOD but i only found that its cuse by usb orientet files like usbhub.sys etc

OS now: Windows 7
Symptoms of BSOD:
  • wire and wireless mouse freeze randomly (you are not able to move cursor)
    • Reconnecting receiver or wire mouse do not unfreeze mouse
      • After reconnection mouse do not exit sleep mode (no data transfer)
  • After freeze devcon program and hardware manager is not able to turn usb prot off its say program has stopped working
  • format do not help for long
  • flash drive work properly
  • memtest do not show any memory errors
  • turning off usb energy saving do not help
  • Error is visible on windows 8 and windows 7
Also I think that this BSOD cause problem with windows start up (black screen after loading screen) also random

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
See if there is a newer BIOS version for your computer. All the errors indicate power settings. BIOS updates often improve power states.

If BIOS update doesn't fix it then try setting it so your hard drive never sleeps and see if the problem stops.

Reaction score
hi and thanks for reply
  1. There is no new BIOS version for my laptop on asus website
  2. I don't think is HDD because:
    1. HDD power settings on my laptop are set on 20 min of HDD inactivity. If it's HDD power settings that cause failure, problem should occur in instances of HDD changing state form active to inactive. But problem happened also when i download, upload or play games.
    2. Last reason is that windbg show cause of problem to be only usbhub.sys or other USB drivers never drivers related to HDD.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You USB hub may be under-powered ... maybe you have too many devices connected. The DMPs indicate a power issue.

Reaction score
I have 4 usb ports.
1 for wireless mouse
1 for cooling plate
2 are left free for flash drive etc.
it's rare for me tu use 4 ports at once. but problem occur even if i have ratio of use to free 2/2

Ask a Question