USB Issues

Reaction score
I've been having problems with being unable to click sub-menus in My Applications and clicking sub-menus after right clicking an item. I had My Computer open while trying to figure out what was going on and saw that my two USB thumb drives were blinking. It seemed every time one of them would blink, it would close or prevent me from clicking a sub-menu. After I ejected both drives, every thing was good. If I plug the drives back in, I'm also good. If the drives are plugged in during startup or restart, I have this problem. All windows update are current. So not sure what could be causing this. There aren't any errors in the event log related to this.

Reaction score
Yea. I narrowed it down to something to do with a USB/Thumb drive issue. I've scanned both drives to ensure that there wasn't a virus involved and there isn't. I checked to see if all drivers were updated and they are. Going to remove data on the drives and see if blank drives still cause the error.

Edit: Not exactly sure what was going on but I removed the data from both drives and reformatted them. I put the data back and restarted. Problem seems to be solved I guess. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edit: Not exactly sure what was going on but I removed the data from both drives and reformatted them. I put the data back and restarted. Problem seems to be solved I guess. Thanks for the help.
It could of been some thing to do with autoplay/autorun, were the flash drives set up to launch an app when you put them into the pc... well i guess its irrelevant now :)

Reaction score
There aren't any programs on either drive. Nothing but saved files. Haven't utilized any of the carry along programs that comes with most Sandisk drives. The only thing that is required on any of the two drives is that the Sandisk drive is password protected but that doesn't effect the other drive. I think it might be something to do with the way they were formatted but I doubt it considering I reformatted the Sandisk drive with FAT32 again as it was before. Who knows.

Ask a Question