unknown software - System Maintenance GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi:

I noticed an unknown software System Maintenance GL at my system (win7 OS). That displays a message in pop up window "Your system is protected. The system maintenance gl is up and running".

I saw that was there in the installed programs and uninstalled it. Restarted the system. Now it is not there in installed program list, but I am still getting the message. Seems it is alive in the machine. Pl see the attachment.

Pl assist me in removing the software from my machine.

Attachments

Reaction score
I got the same problem of the System Maintenance GL window as well as my English language setting kept resetting itself to Japanese. On September 1st I downloaded a YouTube video converter program called Converter Clip.cc. I was warned that it did not have a proper Security Certificate but I ignored the warning. I believe the System...GL came from this site. I repaired my computer by System Restore to August 31st. 2:50pm. It worked because I didn't get the GL window on restart and my language option remained on English. I hope this helps.
I got System Restore by going into Help and Support, typing System Restore in search and then clicking on Restore files and folders on the list. Then follow the instructions.

Reaction score
I got the same problem of the System Maintenance GL window as well as my English language setting kept resetting itself to Japanese. On September 1st I downloaded a YouTube video converter program called Converter Clip.cc. I was warned that it did not have a proper Security Certificate but I ignored the warning. I believe the System...GL came from this site. I repaired my computer by System Restore to August 31st. 2:50pm. It worked because I didn't get the GL window on restart and my language option remained on English. I hope this helps.
I got System Restore by going into Help and Support, typing System Restore in search and then clicking on Restore files and folders on the list. Then follow the instructions.
gordonhumbled: Thanks for the response. I will check it.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please let us know if running a System Restore to a date/time before "System Maintenance" was installed solves your problem.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Yea, I think that would be enough to make me paranoid. I would suggest that you scan your computer.

1. Download and run TDSSKiller.
      1. Accept the "End User License Agreement"
      2. Accept the "KSN Statement"
      3. Select "Change Parameters" and Select:
        • Verify file digital signatures
        • Detect TDLFS file system
        • Use KSN to scan objects
      4. When the scan is complete the log file is in C:\ It will have a name like "TDSSKiller.3.0.0.34_04.05.2014_08.05.16_log.txt"
    2. Install Malwarebytes (Free Version)
      1. Select "Threat Scan"
      2. When it is completed, please upload the log file from: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs
    3. Please download and run Windows Defender Offline.
      1. Click "Next"
      2. Click "I Accept"
      3. Select Either: (Typically it is either CD/DVD or USB)
        • CD or DVD
        • USB
        • ISO file
      4. Cllick "Next"
      5. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When programs install they are also supposed to supply the uninstaller information but if software is truly malware then I would not trust the uninstaller any more than I trust the software; it could easily uninstall nothing & say "ok removed" or it could even copy/rename it to something else. So hopefully it really did uninstall. A system restore to a prior time, on the other hand, is controlled by the OS, and would be more certain.

Reaction score
hi go to
control panel-programs and features.-look for system maintenance gl . uninstall :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question