SOLVED Unknown Device driver identificaiton on Windows 7 clean install

Reaction score
I just completed a Windows 7 Home Premium clean install on my Fujitsu Lifebook. Everything seems to be running fine, except that in the Device Manager I am seeing two "Unknown Device" icons under "Other Devices". I'm trying to identify what these are, and if I need to install drivers for them. The Hardware Ids codes are: ACPI\FUJ02B1 and ACPI\FUJ02E3. Grateful to anyone who can help identify them, and point to where I can safely download drivers.

* Just a note that the Windows "Update Driver Software" tool didn't turn up anything for these. Also, I downloaded the entire driver pack from Fujitsu for my machine, but I don't know how to identify which driver I need. - Thanks.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem except when the volume is on it keeps making a continuous repetitive sound. I have gone to look for drivers on the MS website but to no avail.
"one of the USB devises attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it" Unknown device?
I am not computer literate and I am glad I found this site so whatever more info you need from me I will try to answer.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Bunkee it does not sound like the same problem. The OP was missing a driver, yours says "USB devises attached to this computer has malfunctioned". A driver can't fix broken hardware; it sounds like something needs repaired or replaced.

Reaction score
Bunkee it does not sound like the same problem. The OP was missing a driver, yours says "USB devises attached to this computer has malfunctioned". A driver can't fix broken hardware; it sounds like something needs repaired or replaced.
Thanks TrainableMan - in fact I just ordered a new computer as Dell has told me the error "1046" is to replace the hard drive...since I know nothing about computers or installation of a new drive I threw caution to the wind and made a new purchase. While I may have your attention - Can I use the transfer option going from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 7 Pro? Or should I back up everything on an external drive and transfer my files that way? Thanks for your help because I don't understand the lingo on some of these posts!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can use Windows Easy Transfer to create a single large file on your external drive and then use Windows Easy Transfer on the new computer to extract the files from that backup.

NOTE: you must still install all your programs to use the data. Example Microsoft Excel to handle .xls files and Microsoft Word to handle .doc files.

Ask a Question