the same old... New here!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Just wanted to say hi to everybody, being new to the forums.
I'm a french windows mobile and linux programer, so sorry if I do English mistakes.

Cheers!
Fire Cat

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi fire cat and welcome to Windows 7 Forums, your English is fine :top:

Reaction score
Hiya fire cat - Welcome to w7forums

I'm willling to bet 99% of the world will make english mistakes. :)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
BTW, you'll have noticed from some of my posts, that my real name is Cyril...

Cheers,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, fire cat! Your english is fine, far better than a few that I've seen. Had you not said so, I'd thought you were from the US or England.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, and did I mension that I'm 15 years old?

Reaction score
The way you present yourself on the forums, I would have guessed at least 20. However it wouldn't matter if you were 10, you would still be welcome on w7forums.

From what I have seen in your post you are more knowledgeable about computers than most of my relatives, your age as well as my own (I'll soon be 38).

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
The way you present yourself on the forums, I would have guessed at least 20. However it wouldn't matter if you were 10, you would still be welcome on w7forums.

From what I have seen in your post you are more knowledgeable about computers than most of my relatives, your age as well as my own (I'll soon be 38).
Thanks. The thing is that technology is my passion, and I am used to forums, so I know how to present myself, how to write, etc...

Cheers,
Fire Car

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
There you are, Fire Cat! It's a good thing for those iphones or whatever they're called. I noticed your laptop specs, they were good for a netbook. My problem with one of those is a matter of nature. As you get older, many people finds that they can't see as good as when they were young. I'm in that class. Since I got this desktop, that 14.1 inch laptop looks small to me, so I can forget a netbook. They are perfect for students, though. And it doesn't break the bank to get one. Too, they are good sellers in the US. I wished I had that Atom processor in this dying laptop sitting here, it has to be better than a Pentium M, 2.13GHz one. You hang in there, Fire Cat, you'll get your laptop back. You may not like it right now, in fact I know you don't. But before you know it, you'll be grown, and without good grades, it's hard to get in college or a university, and without that, it will be hard as I don't know what to get a job. So do your best, as you've done on here, and soon you'll have your laptop back.:top:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I like it because it is much more powerfull than the average notebook, and it looks nice!
I agree that I prefer a 22inch screen, but I still love my notebook.
It has high data transfer rate, very nice graphic capabilities and loads more!
I might actually buy that addionnal RAM!

Actually, my parents took my stuff because I'm bad at French (I'm french, so it might a good reason...). Because if not I'm good in all scientific things (maths...) and, you'd have noticed, english as well. Ah well...

Thanks!
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Were you born in France, then at some point, moved to Holland? That's where it says you're from underneath your avatar. In that case, you'd be speaking Dutch. If your family moved there when you were very young, I can understand your lack of knowledge regarding speaking French. Holland is a beautiful country, I'd like to visit sometime during my lifetime. They are well known for their "smoke shops", oh, how I'd love to go to one of those. The Dutch people are far more laid back that in the US, a fine example of how prohibition has never worked, and acceptance has, although they do have their rules regarding this policy, I could certainly live with them. Anyway, polish up on your French, hopefully you'll get your laptop back soon.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
:)

Yes... Actually I was born and I have always lived in Holland. Though, I go to a french "lycee" and I'm going to move to Paris this summer.

Actually, my speaking is fine. It's the grammar! Do you know how many rules and exceptions french has? Too many!

Anyway, I'm happy I'm usefull on the forums.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Fire Cat, you're very useful on here. I was surprised when you revealed your age. One day, if that's what you want, you'll be working in an IT department for some really big, or up and coming (which is better) company. Knowing as much as you do about both Windows & Linux is really great. I'm trying to polish my Linux (Mint 8) skills, it's one of the easiest to learn, but they all are hard when you were raised on Windows. Once you've been raised on one brand of OS's, learning another can be challenging, just as the French issue is to you.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
I learned most of what I know from testing, experimenting and forums like this. ;)

I'm also a basic website hacker and creator, as a hobby. Though, the knowledge of website building and hacking hasn't been any use up to now, except for building my website.

My life ambition is probably to be a computer tech in the french army.

By the way, Clifford, is there any way you could change my avatar? I can't do it. Thanks.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Ask a Question