SOLVED Temporary files getting dumped into "My Pictures" folder

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been using Windows 7 for years and pretty much found every answer to a multitude of issues I have seen from myself, friends and family but I have 1 that is weird and stumped me hardcore.

My mom has had her laptop for years now with Windows 7 and has never had an issue. At one point some pop-ups were showing up and she "believes" she may have accidently clicked on a link within the pop-up. Of course, we are thinking crap-ware made its way into the system. Here is the issue.

Every time my mom uses the computer for the day, she goes into her "My pictures" folder and all of a sudden she has hundreds of files (most related to internet cache files, some system temp files) being dumped into the folder. I have verified both IE's temporary default folder as well as the environment variables for the temp / tmp folders in Windows and all are default. Nothing is pointing to the My Pictures folder. Does anyone have an idea on what I can do to find out why these files are being dumped there ?

Is there anywhere in the Registry I can go to verify something?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hutch

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Found the answer to my question. Oddly enough my mom accidentally moved the \Appdata folder to the picture library. I removed the folder from the library and everything is back to normal.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reporting back with the solution Hutch :). Welcome to the forums!

Ask a Question