System Uptime

Reaction score
The longest uptime I've had was about 28 or 29 days using Windows 7 and that was on my P4 1.5 GHz machine without hyperthreading and only 768MB RDRAM. The computer rebooted when my house lost power. Obviously I don't have a UPS.

Now my main machine in specs is going a little strong, ever since I had MOTU fix their crashing driver. (I've had one power outtage since then, in the neighborhood.) I'm up for 12 days now.

What's your current uptime or the longest you've ever had it up previously?

Attachments

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Here's my P4 machine. Up for 5+ days folding. That's a lot for this machine because I dual boot on this one.
I typically shut down more often than that for no reason I can think of. :)
I like your view. What program or setting is that?

Attachments

Reaction score
Cool, ya I want to install the latest Ubuntu beta on an old IDE drive I have around, but I can't bring myself to ruin the uptime lol.

Well, there are two things you're actually seeing in my screenshot to make it look like that.

One is the blue task manager in my attachments. To install it, you need to rename the original taskmgr.exe in C:\Windows\System32 to taskmgr.BAK

Then place the version in my attachments there. Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc and see the blue task manager now.

-------------

The dark look to everything is from a theme that you need to hack Windows to install. I've also attached the easy-to-use hack tool to change the 3 files necessary. (Then reboot.)

Then you can install any 3rd party themes that needed this to be done.

------------

There are quite a few Dark looking themes to be found, such as Dark7 Ultimate, Dark7 XMAS Edition...the one I'm using is Dynamic Black, also in my attachments.

Here's Dynamic Black - http://djabytown.deviantart.com/art/Dynamic-Black-143467965?q=boost:popular+dynamic+black&qo=0

On that website, you can search for Sergio Garcia as his themes are excellent. Also, Mr. Grim.

-----------

If you want to set Windows back to default for any reason, you can also use the hack tool to restore the 3 system files to original.

Or you can also open an elevated command prompt. Type sfc /scannow then press enter. It will make everything original.

Note - You can still use any "normal" theme while having the hacked files installed.

Attachments

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Very cool, thanks! When I get the time and nerve I'll try it.

This is a good post. I'm interested in others up times.

Later

Ask a Question