System service exception and freeze again and again and again

Reaction score
This is like the third time i write cause of this annoying error!

Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHZ
3 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 310 512 MB

As you can see what i wrote, my computer keeps freezing and blue screen (System service exception), i dont know what cause this problem :(

(I uninstalled Hamachi cause last time it was the problem)

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is like the third time i write cause of this annoying error!

Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHZ
3 GB Ram

As you can see what i wrote, my computer keeps freezing and blue screen (System service exception), i dont know what cause this problem :(

(I uninstalled Hamachi cause last time it was the problem)

Neither DMP file was definitive. I suspect a memory corruption issue.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

1-Memtest.
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

2-Driver verifier

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html

Reaction score
"Screen driver stopped responding and has recovered"

Why do i get this error message?

Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHz
3GB RAM

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Why do i get this error message?

Intel Celeron E3300 2.5 GHz
3GB RAM
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lo...op-0x116-video_tdr_error-troubleshooting.html

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Ceyilmaz, please don't create multiple threads for the same problem.

As ZigZag said about it's probably a memory error resulting from unstable hardware. Please run Memtest to check your hardware.

If your hardware is not stable, then none of the software or drivers on the PC will be stable either.

Reaction score
Kougar sorry for creating multiple threads, thought i made a new thread, not gonna happen again. And got a new dmp

Attachments

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Kougar sorry for creating multiple threads, thought i made a new thread, not gonna happen again. And got a new dmp
Still memory corruption.

Have you run Memtest yet?

Your only verifed DMP is inconclusive. Keep running it.

Old drivers needing updating
Code:
PxHlpa64.sys    3/12/2008 8:58:17 PM        fffff880`011d4000    fffff880`011dfd00    0x0000bd00    0x47d88a39                        
nvmf6264.sys    5/19/2009 5:51:35 PM        fffff880`044be000    fffff880`0450f380    0x00051380    0x4a1337f7

Ask a Question