synaptics touchpad driver

Reaction score
hellow,
When I installed Windows 7 RC on my DELL 1520, the Synaptics Touchpad was recognized as a PS/2 compatible mouse. I missed the scroll function of the touchpad driver. Since the Windows 7 is just came out, there is no dedicated driver for it.
what can i do?

thank you!

Reaction score
synapticse

hellow again,
when i try to install the synaptics thouchpad driver for vista comes a massage that there is no options to ran "DPinst.exe" in this OS.
i will more than happy to solve this minor problem.

thank you all again
i am very sorry for my english!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi..dud..
I'm also have the same problem like you before, then I uninstall the driver, clean it with CCleaner and reinstall with version.901.0, I've been upload it to my 4shared account cause my friend have the same problem too and he can't find the driver so i upload it for him, you can download it to at http://www.4shared.com/file/108895758/500f80e8/Synaptics_pointing_9010.html
Hope it will solve your problem too.:)
Thanks for reporting the fix Ozel :cool:

I think this is the same driver (9.0.1.0) in case anyone is wary about the link:

http://download.cnet.com/Touchpad-v-9-0-1-zip/3000-2108_4-170299.html

Reaction score
thank you all for your help!
someone in another forum gave the answer. it's important to say that to install drivers vista on windows 7 you need first of all to disable driver signature before windows start.
this action solve thr problem for me.
thank you again and i am happy to be in this great forum!

Reaction score
I installed win 7 on a HP business notebook nx6125, and the synaptics drivers were found on doing a full windows update.

Reaction score
I tried the synaptics website, a few other synaptic touchpad downloads, and none of them worked. The synaptics file, an RAR archive, would not expand under win 7. The message was an "unrecognized format or broken file". I downloaded it several times. I tried Ian's CNET link and the error message was that it couldn't find an OS specific installer. I finally tried clifford's dell driver download and it worked. Version 10.x.x. Just a note to add some other experience to the mix.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just for the record, I had the same issue on my Dell Inspiron 6400. I ended up resolving the issue by updating the Dell drivers via Device Manager (the old fashioned way).

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I have installed various builds of Windows 7 enough times to make my head spin. I always select automatic updates As default, I select recommended updates, as well as "Give me updates for <microsoft products...etc. and, of course, Important updates.

I have installed on two laptops, and a stationary computer. On first reboot, in every instance on the laptops, since the early builds, I have been offered a driver update for the Synaptics pad. Everything on the pad apparently works 100%

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I'm hoping it works that way for me when I get the RTM. If not, I know the workaround. ;)

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Update: I just installed Windows 7 Pro and the touchpad scrollong feature was not operational, but after installing the Dell Vista drivers (via its install program) and rebooted (required) it works fine.

Reaction score
Seems like Dell and some others have their stuff together. Acer, not so much.

Reaction score
Hi,
I've tried to download these drivers on my MSi CR600 and they are not working at all. Is there any other way to get this function? Does Windows 7 have a way around this that I am not aware of?

Thanks

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Lenora, see my first post on page 1 of this thread. I once got it to work using Device Driver.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I tried the synaptics website, a few other synaptic touchpad downloads, and none of them worked. The synaptics file, an RAR archive, would not expand under win 7. The message was an "unrecognized format or broken file". I downloaded it several times. I tried Ian's CNET link and the error message was that it couldn't find an OS specific installer. I finally tried clifford's dell driver download and it worked. Version 10.x.x. Just a note to add some other experience to the mix.
RAR files can only be unpacked using WinRAR utility. It is free to use for 30 days and then you're supposed to buy it, but it still works.

Synaptics drivers are the best for the purpose needed here.

Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit driver for the Synaptic Touchpad can be downloaded HERE or clicking one of the links below.

These drivers are ".exe" format, so one doesn't need to worry about decompressing them.

For more information on the advanced features enabled by the Synaptics Driver, view our Driver Product Brief.

Note: Installing a generic driver can result in the loss of customized Synaptics pointing device functionality.

Windows XP/Vista and Win7 32-bit Edition v14.0.3All Languages13.63 MB exe

Windows XP/Vista and Win7 64-bit Edition v14.0.3All Languages14.51 MB exe

Ask a Question