SOLVED Sound volume box appearing on desktop

Reaction score
Hello:

The two images below pop up on my main monitor (I have three). It happened about a month ago for the first time, and then today again. They are on top of all other windows/boxes.

The top image (Volume) shows first, stays on a very short time or a little longer (4 seconds). It can happen twice. Then, the lower image shows up, usually for about 5 seconds, but it varies. They show up a few times in a row, then, there is a pause (random time, I believe, 5-10 min), and then, they appear again.

I have NOT been able to identify the images by using Windows Taskmanager (Win 7 Ultimate).

Any help to identfy these images and get rid of them would be appreciated. (I have Norton Internet Security, which has worked very well for me for many, many years, but it is not doing anything in this case.)

Thank you!

Hans L

IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0279.jpg

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is a visual display of your sound. It appears for a few seconds when you trigger vol up, vol down, or mute. My guess is you are bumping keys or have something like the mouse scroll which is changing your volume.

Reaction score
I will check and see. Now, I did check one thing, and saw that one set of speakers (I have two sets) were plugged into the wrong outlet. That might have been the reason. However, I will check more. Thank you, TrainableMan!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will check and see. Now, I did check one thing, and saw that one set of speakers (I have two sets) were plugged into the wrong outlet. That might have been the reason. However, I will check more. Thank you, TrainableMan!
I have not had this problem since I put the contact in the correct outlet. Solved. Thanks for input!

Hans L

Ask a Question