SOS.......PLZ HELP

Reaction score
AM NEW TO ALL OF THE .NOT SURE WHERE TO START.. BUT I BEEN AT THIS ALL DAY NOW,. I CANT INSTALL WINDOW ON THE LAPTOP.. IF I START IT WITH OUT THE CD. ALL IT DOES IT MEDIA FALLED.. WITH CD GOES TO THE INSTALL. AND ALL THE WAY TO INSTALL DRIVER..

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME.....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not all computers meet the specifications to run Windows 7. What is the make/model of the laptop? How much RAM does it have? How big is the hard drive? What OS was on it before?

Media Failed could mean the hard drive in the laptop is failing and needs replaced. How old is the computer? Was the reason you are installing W7 because it was having problems already?

Reaction score
THANK FOR REPLYING BACK AND FOR THE HELP......WELL IT IS A TOSHIBA SATELLITE, C855D-S5105..... PART# ..PSCBQU-004005.....SERIAL#..1D253354Q

AND I HAVE A BROTHER WITH BUTTER FINGERS AND HE DROPPED IT.. AND EVER SENSE THEN THAT'S ALL I GET... IT WAS RUNNING WINDOWS 8 BEFORE....BUT I DONT HAVE THE DISK FOR IT. AND A FRIEND LET ME BORROW WINDOWS 7. HOPING THAT I COULD GET IT TO WORK SO HOW.......

I PUT IN A DIFFERENT HARD DRIVE PUT WITH MY LUCK THERE WAS A PASSWORD FOR IF THAT I DON'T REMEMBER. AND ALL I COULD DO WAS AS A GUESS......AM NOT SURE WHERE TO GO FROM HERE.. MONEY IS TIGHT SO TAKING IT IN WOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR NOW.........IF THERE IS SOMETHING THAT I COULD DO I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE IT A TRY..........

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it is asking for a driver when you start the install then most likely it wants a driver for the hard drive.

First make sure your BIOS settings for the hard drive are not set to RAID; If you only have a single hard drive there is no reason to set it for RAID and Windows 7 does not have RAID drivers. If you truly need RAID then you need those drivers.

Second, if you have an SSD then you will need those drivers from the SSD manufacturer.

Ask a Question