Sony VGN-CR353 - Webcam Drivers

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After spending a small fortune on Windows & and installing it, I was upset to realise it removed basically all of my drivers. I managed to get many back ie usb, microphone, bluetooth etc.

However the drivers/features I actually use for my conference calls I can not get. I am on the verge of deleting Windows 7. Biggest mistake I ever made :(

I have tried everything from this link on this forum:
https://www.w7forums.com/sony-vaio-vgn-cr353-drivers-t2500.html and nothing works.

I need the camera driver, camera capture driver and the VAIO camera utility.

If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

Kind Regards Rachael

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Please define "nothing works". Are you saying the links don't work (because I tested it and was able to start a download of camera.exe after I agreed to their terms of service). If this does not work for you then maybe try a different browser and/or make sure you disable ad-blockers, script blockers, maybe even your antivirus if it blocks downloads.

Or are you saying you downloaded the files and the driver wouldn't install? It's possible that was to a different version/bitsize. Use THIS link and select the downloads tab and pick your exact W7 version/bit size.

Reaction score
hey there,,
i have the same problem i deleted my vista & installed windows 7 & when i press my AV MODE button to take a picture or also to chat via webcam on msn it wont work,,the other party says it says on their end that i dont have a webcam,,so how do i fix it to make it work again..please help..:(
thanx Bekka.

Reaction score
Also when i go to use my webcam it says turn it on but it wont allow me,,well the button AV MODE i use to press dont work,,does nothing when i press it..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the webcam needs a driver if it won't work at all, make sure you get that from Clifford's link.

Cameradriver
File name: Camera.EXE
Mar 28, 2008
ver 6.1006.209.0
File size: 2.12MB (2,232,288 Byte)

And for special keyboard buttons work you need a program running in memory which would have been part of the original Sony install.

Likely one of these:

VAIO Camera Utility
File name: VAIO_Camera_Utility.EXE
File size: 5.33MB (5,593,418 Byte)

VAIO Camera Capture Utility
File name: VAIO_Camera_Capture_Utility.EXE
File size: 5.75MB (6,039,444 Byte)

VAIO Original Function Setting
File name: VAIO_Original_Function_Setting.EXE
File size: 4.79MB (5,025,305 Byte)

Setting Utility Series
File name: Setting_Utility_Series.EXE
File size: 10.16MB (10,663,676 Byte)

VAIOControl Center
File name: VAIO_Control_Center.EXE
File size: 3.46MB (3,634,473 Byte)

VAIO Event Service
File name: VAIO_Event_Service.EXE
File size: 5.19MB (5,445,904 Byte)

Contact Sony or try a Sony help forum if you can't figure out which one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanx but that didnt help me coz i dont have my webcam active anymore due to switching over to windows 7..
so i was kinda hoping you have info on how to reinstall it...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You install the driver and the software to use it. And you get those things from Sony HERE.

You need the Cameradriver obviously and you likely want the Camera Utility and the Camera Capture Utility. So log on as an administrator (if you aren't already), download those programs, and run them. Then reboot and see if your camera works.

But as for making your AV Mode button work, if the three that refer to camera don't make it work, then I am just guessing but I suspect that is one of those last 4 in my post above.

Ask a Question