Sony Vaio won't charge after clean Reinstall of windows 7

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope someone here can help since i have searched the web far and wide for a solution but nothing seems to work.

Okay so i will tell you what led up to this problem:

I had a friend with an Sony Vaio SVF15A1C5E who from when he bought it had windows 8.1 installed. So he came to me with windows 7 and asked if i could make a clean install with. So i did without any big problems, he had it for like 2 months and everything worked. Then he installed some shitty programs on and it went slow on him. So we had to reinstall windows just to make sure everything was gone.
So i reinstalled Windows 7 without any problems every driver seemed to work but suddenly i noticed that the battery would not charge which i found odd, so i fumbled around with the AC but nothing seemed to work. Then i tried to reinstall the driver for the AC management that was on it. Still nothing seemed to change it. Then i thought okay, i will just reinstall windows 7 once again and it should work. But sure enough it did not work. So i am stuck now and i do not know what to do.

Notice this is a laptop only 1 year old and the battery cannot be taken out so i can try those options people have come up with on other threads. Also i tried to update bios but it says that bios is fully updated. SP1 is also installed.

I really hope someone can help here. Thanks.

Reaction score
Okay so now i have installed windows 8.1 on it and it does charge with it. So it is without a doubt a software problem. im still not having windows 8 on this laptop. since my friend wants windows 7 on it.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Normally I have a look at the manual for the laptop first before commenting. But the Sony support site seems to be down.

So, just a suggestion, does the BIOS show the charge level of the battery?

Ask a Question