Sony Vaio Windows 7 Support!

Reaction score
I am trying to switch to Windows 7 recently on my Sony Vaio CR353 Laptop. However, after I have installed Windows, the system is unable to find many drivers on my laptop. The built-in webcam is not working, the burner cannot burn anything... and so on. The firmware extension parser is nowhere to be found, not even from Sony... even the keyboard is acting strange.
Well, this is seriously stupid, the laptop is barely 2 years old... and it is fully capable of running Windows 7. Plus Windows 7 has been released for a while already, but there is still no support for my laptop?! What the hell?!
If I cannot find available drivers to fix the problems soon, I guess I will have to give up on Windows 7. Everyone who has a Vaio out there, make sure you read tons of info before you purchase Windows 7, otherwise you will probably end up like me!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Shinkawa - Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Whenever any computer user installs a new operating system on their computer, the first thing to do prior to install is to download all the compatible drivers for the particular brand and model of computer they're using.

This is a must! It is NOT Windows 7 fault or responsibility to provide every driver possible for your system. It is up to the end user to ensure that all the proper drivers are downloaded and installed in the correct sequence.

So before you vilify a Windows operating system remember the responsibilities you must take care of in order to ensure a clean, smooth install and subsequent operation of your computer. It has been like this since the days Windows 95 and before to have all the correct drivers.

I hope this helps you to download all the correct drivers from the website that TorrentG gave you the link for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of coz I know I will have to download drivers myself if the system cannot do it automatically. Well... I was expecting Windows 7 would be user friendly enough to detect most of them. It seems like those drivers don't even exist yet. Sony support has always been worthless as usual, there are many others out there having the same problem. I am just hoping someone will come up with a miracle solution soon.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I am just hoping someone will come up with a miracle solution soon.
The miracle solution is to handle it yourself unfortunately.

Reaction score
The miracle solution is at the link I posted in my previous reply.

Ask a Question