Sometimes it's best to use a hammer.

Reaction score
I have a number of hammers that I could use to dismantle this HP p6750f desktop with Windows 7 Home. I'll explain why!

This computer came with Win 7 Home. Back in Aug. 2015 I jumped on the Win 10 upgrade bit, and that was a mistake, so many others may say the same. Anyway, has time past and it appeared Win 10 wasn't getting any better user wise, I decided to revert back to Win 7, and I would guess Microsoft made sure that would was a mistake also. I later have read where Microsoft made a few changes for those that went back to Win 7 over Win 10, and they inserted a what some would call a "drop-zone" in the requiring security and other updates. That is for sure accurate, as I have stop getting any updates.
At the time I reverting back to Win 7 and the computer did all it could to give me the Win 7 OS, there were some updates that went ok, about 26 that shows in the Windows Update file...and that is it...nothing more, and no matter what, why, or how, no updates will get anywhere by 'checking for updates."

So, if anyone on this forum have a solution...lets se it.

Reaction score
First of all, I never was highly successful on anything that "How-to-Geek" would published. The link you shown above just proved that.
There's not one single link or update that worked on the one's he shown. All shown that I couldn't update due to the fact I was already running a WSUS.EXE and with that, that is where I have been in failure to get any MS Updates.

Ask a Question