Sleep Mode

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. My problem here is that everytime I go to put my pc to sleep, it does but when I shake the mouse or hit the keyboard it does a blind crash. Like when it wakes back up the entire pc crashes and restarts w/o even loading into the log in screen. I do this so i can have a quick boot up when i need my pc instead of shutting down and back on again. Any program running goes out with it at the crash (obviously). It's been happening ever since I started to use the sleep mode when i went from XP to 7 (was a vary good choice skipping vista) a few months ago. And when it restarts it's self i get the error message telling me it had recovered from and unexpected error.

I've attached the minidump files aswell here too.

System Info:
-
Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit
-
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
-
RAM: 2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2
-
Motherboard: EVGA NF66 (Socket 775)
-
Graphics: 512MB GeForce 8800 GT (XFX Pine Group)
-

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi. I've looked at your crash dumps. There's a 0x3B stop error and a 0x1E stop error. Looking at your drivers which one of them is the cause, I can say with assurance that ESET NOD32 needs to be uninstalled. If it doesn't actually fix the problem that's alright. It's still a troubleshooting step needing to be taken.

You can update your Realtek HD Audio driver:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

-----

It seems to me you have Daemon Tools installed because it creates this driver having a dynamic name:

agi0zjim.SYS

Daemon Tools often crashes Windows 7. So please uninstall it and then also use the special installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys which is important:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

PowerISO is an excellent alternative for drive emulation.

Reaction score
I still get an error message when I have uninstalled ESET and Daemon tools, and the realtek drivers where updated, and i still can't figure it out. Tells me that a BSOD happened when i didn't see it.

Reaction score
Wait for a new crash and then post the dump. If there's still any problems left, we'll get to the bottom of it.

For now, go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and make sure sptd.sys is deleted. If it's still there, delete it then reboot.

Reaction score
Is this an HP? If so, HP Pavilion's have a well documented issue with NIC's and wireless devices out of sleep mode.

Reaction score
Roban got me interested and I have some time, so I looked over the dumps again.

Don't know how I missed it, but I believe the cause of your problems to be this driver:

Code:
nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008
which is a component of NVIDIA's networking firewall driver.

I would uninstall that or at the very least, update it to latest available which will be 2010 version.

Reaction score
Is this an HP? If so, HP Pavilion's have a well documented issue with NIC's and wireless devices out of sleep mode.
No it's not, I built this myself.

Roban got me interested and I have some time, so I looked over the dumps again.

Don't know how I missed it, but I believe the cause of your problems to be this driver:

Code:
nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008
which is a component of NVIDIA's networking firewall driver.

I would uninstall that or at the very least, update it to latest available which will be 2010 version.
I updated it and I still get the issue. I just might start using hibernate instead.

Ask a Question