Should I upgrade to Windows 7 (64 bit) if I have Vista 32bit now?

Reaction score
I'm not too knowledgeable about computers, but want to upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7. PC Pitstop recommends upgrading to Windows 7 (64 bit), even if you have 32 bit on your computer now. What should I do? I don't think my Dell E620 has enough memory to do this.

Reaction score
Hi Veedaz...
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, and it told me that I could upgrade to 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium or Ultimate. I can also upgrade to 64-bit Windows 7, but it would require a custom installation, then reinstalling programs. I'm not computer-savvy enough to do that, so I'll probably go with the 32-bit Windows 7. Your help is appreciated!!
nubbyk

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'm not computer-savvy enough to do that, so I'll probably go with the 32-bit Windows 7. Your help is appreciated!!
Why not go to x64? That way you'll be able to unleash the full power of the CPU and RAM. It is not that difficult at all to do it. Many noobs have done with not a hitch at all.

Ask a Question