SOLVED Should have left well alone.

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 Pro tower that works fine, but yesterday I decided to upgrade my Microsoft office 2003 to the 2007 version for which I have a disc which I've used successfuly on previous occasions.
On attempting to install after about five minutes a box appears saying error 1303 setup cannot access the folder
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 it also asks me to verify the folder exists in my system and I have sufficient permissions to update it.

I did have a look for the folder mentioned but it was not present in the named location.

Problem is before this I had a perfectly working Outlook for my mail, and now I have non at all.

Any help please.

Regards mahler

Reaction score
The reason it can't access the folder Visual Studio 2005, is obviously because it is not present, so I did a search to find out if I could download it, and found one which was an iso file.

I am not sure after downloading the iso file how do I get it into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\ to replace the missing one which must have been deleted during the installation of Office 2007.
Btw it is 2.7 gig.

I'm hoping when that is done the next attempt at installing from my working disc will work.

Regards mahler

Reaction score
An ISO is a disk image of media, usually optical media such as a CD or DVD. You will need to burn the disk to a DVD or mount it as a drive letter. I will advise to burn it to disk and only mount if you don't have the option to burn.

Reaction score
Thank you Clifford I did as you said, and at first the download progress bar stopped about a quarter way where one of the Visual Studio 2005 programs needed permission, I sorted that with a clever little program called "Take Ownership" and after that it didn't stop until near the end, and this time it was Groove causing the hold up and again Take ownership did the trick.

After a reboot the full Micsoft office program worked perfectly, and I'm very pleased.

Best Regards

Mahler

Ask a Question