Security message in Word 2003

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits and Office 2003 Pro, both in French, and for an unknown reason I get a security message whenever I follow a hypertext link pointing to music pieces I absolutely need in my conference. The message says approximately that 'Certain files can contaminate or dammage your computer... Do you want to open the file?'
I made the recommended registry change of 'DisableHyperlinkWarning' of the 829072 sheet issued by MS. I tried both routines but nothing changes, the hyperlink warning is still coming with an ugly sound that will certainly wake up my audience.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Sauera

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I can't duplicate this as I don't use 2003, but you could at least turn off the system sound scheme, switch to No Sounds, so your audience can keep their eardrums intact.

Reaction score
... and pump up the volume at light speed right after ...

Thanks

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
... and pump up the volume at light speed right after ...

Thanks
I didn't mean your system volume. I meant the sound scheme which you set under Change System Sounds in Control Panel. It has no effect on music or games or whatever; if you set it to no sounds it just means warning messages that pop up don't make a sound.

Ask a Question