Router security key mismatch

Reaction score
A few days ago mom(...) decided she wanted a new ISP so we got a new router and modem.

And now i can't connect to it using Windows 7.

It says there's a possibility of security key mismatch each time i try. Anyone else resolved this problem?.

I went back for to vista for a while but the image quality sucks compared to W7 IMO.

Couldn't handle it >.<

Reaction score
What router, modem and ISP is it.
You might not have the wireless setup correctly. Do you have any other computers you can test this upon. Desktop/laptop?

Reaction score
I reverted back to Vista x64 unfortunetly.

ISP : Bredbandsbolaget
Thomson router and modem in 1

It works on my moms vista laptop and on my current PC using vista right now.
I made a call to the support and they did the correct settings but it wouldn't accept any connection from the W7 computer.

Reaction score
Are you from USA? I am so sorry to hear you reverted back to vista, on the other hand at least you have working internet!

Reaction score
Sweden. And yes, internet is far too important than Windows 7 right now :(. Thanks for trying to help though :)

Reaction score
yh soz i couldnt help, sounds like some driver problems though, that is conflicting with W7, but since you downgraded, it doesnt matter now.

Reaction score
Well we have 2 different routers at home right now. The old one works with Windows 7. But since the new one comes with both Modem and Router in 1, i can't use the old router. So it has something to do with the router and not the driver. (At least that's what i think ^^ )

Ask a Question