RAID Controller update problem

Reaction score
Storage controllers: ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller

I cannot find what to do to over come this issue? as the upgrade to windows 7 will not continue.

I have 2 hard drives, "RAID" any help available

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi wash1950, Welcome to the Windows 7 Forum!

From what I gather, you're trying to install Window 7 on your computer? I HIGHLY recommend against doing an "Upgrade" install as it will cause you nothing but problems later on down the road.

Are your hard drives set up in a RAID configuration?

Have you consulted your motherboard manual for more info if you have them in RAID?

During the Windows 7 install you'll come to a screen early on that shows the drives and their sizes and partitions, if any. There is a window below that shows an option to "Install drivers" You need to pick that section and have the driver on a thumb drive or CD or floppy disk.

The ATI AHCI controller may be in a folder by itself on the driver disk or when you download the driver in a ZIP format and decompress it. Sometimes they'll just be a folder with; Floppy 32 bit or Floppy 64 bit labels on them.

Make sure the AHCI options are enabled in the BIOS on your motherboard too.

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice, I will have another go Friday am. when a tech comes to have a look. I sucessfully upgraded my Toshiba Laptop to windows7 but my desktop computer was AMD based and higher specked for its time(K9AGM2 AMD 690Chipst based designed for AM2 Athlon 64/2 processor). I also purchased Driver Detective & ParetoLogic DriverCure both have to this point not helped me with the Drivers for this problem. I will also discuss with my tech maybe doing away with RAID as high speed big capacity Portable hard drives are now available at relatively low cost so losing data through hard disk failure is not so likely as it was just a few years ago.

Ask a Question