SOLVED Prolink H9601 drivers for Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

Reaction score
Hi!

Can anybody tell me how do I get the drivers for H9601 modem (Prolink) for my newly purchased personal computer with Windows 7 home Premium, 64 bit. i am facing real problem in connecting to the internet.

On the prolink's website it is mentioned to use vista 64 bit drivers but when these are installed, the computer tells you to reboot to complete the installation but when it comes back it still does not recognize the modem.

Please help me....

email - (e-mail address removed)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi hpdeep1973 & welcome to Windows 7 Forums

Prolink does not have Windows 7 drivers at the moment (and Windows 7 home Premium does not have compatibility feature) so try your Vista 64-bit drivers loading with UAC off and AV etc off....its worth a try.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You can go to the Start Orb, the in the Search Bar type: UAC

Click on it and set the slider all the way down to the bottom, then reboot the computer, now the User Account Control is turned off.

If you still have your user manual for the Prolink H9601 USB ADSL modem, you might want to look at it for any tips or help.

If you don't have it go HERE to download it. It's in Adobe Acrobat format.

If all else fails, call you DSL service provider and have them help you with it.

Last edited:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Nibiru2012 wrote
If all else fails, call you DSL service provider and have them help you with it.
This may be a good move as your ISP may upgrade your Router, most are quite happy to for free (and the mention of MAC code can get things moving very fast :D)

Reaction score
Many thanks

Many Thanks for guiding me. I will check these options and get back...with my experience which may be helful to others.

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Many thanks for all your support so far.

I have decided upon a solution but it has a cost. Today I have bought a single port (LAN) router model no. H5201 (Prolink). This is OS independent therefore I will not face any problem in connecting and also I do not have to wait pathetically for anything coming out of Prolink's sleeve exclusively for Win7 Home Premium 64 bit. The only thing is that it costs around 40 USD..

Another thing...for the benefit of other friends who face the same problem as mine...

a) In future try to go for a router rather than a modem.
b) Prolink has informed me that I can install the vista 64 bit drivers and connect to
the internet, but unfortunately it did not happen. But of course you can give it a
try.

Thank you very much once again for the support......Best Regards

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Good decision on your part, you won't regret it.

I see it's a ADSL Modem and router, that's good because it will help protect you on the internet with SOHO Firewall Security With NAT technology and IP bridge/filtering. Back when I was using DSL, I hooked a router onto it just to have the connection "ON" all the time. Made for easier connection so I wouldn't have to logon every time.

It's also Universal Plug 'N Play, which makes it easier to get connected.

Plus you won't need any drivers for it because it is not USB based, and a web configuration. Read the manual, but it is really easy. It may have a firmware update you might want to run, but on routers those are a piece of cake to take care of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dear Nibiru2012, you are absolutely right...I appreciate your comment....thanks a lot once again..

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi hpdeep1973

On your new Router do make a point of changing the Name and or the Password from default you use to access the Router settings (just a bit of added security ;))