Profile Not Deleted Completely

Reaction score
I deleted a few profiles by going My Computer | Right Click | Properties | Advanced System Settings | Advanced Tab | User Profiles Settings Button. From there I selected a proflile and clicked on the Delete button. Some profiles deleted fine. Two others show a Profile Error dialogue box with the following message: "Profile not deleted completely. Error - the directory is not empty."

I was logged in as a Domain Admin and the users did not have Admin level permissions. Switch User has been disabled so they weren't logged in.

Has anyone run into his and succesfully cleared the user profile?

I still see these profiles in the Users folder.

Thanks!
ClarkComputer

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
At the bottom of the User Profiles Setting window there is a link to "User Accounts" (or you can get there directly via Control Panel \ User Accounts).
Choose "manage another account" then delete the account there. It will ask if you want to delete all the files associated with this account and you select yes, then it will ask you to confirm account deletion.

Reaction score
mostly worked

Used your suggestion but still had to right click and delete under Users to completely remove the profiles, but everything seemed to work out alright.

Ask a Question