Problems using Ventrilo after upgrade to Win7.

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post here, I upgraded to windows 7 before xmas and i never had any problems using Vent before i upgraded, Since i have upgraded i keep geting a error message and i cannot speak on vent:

"Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use."

I have checked and updated the driver to the newest possible driver, also i am running the most up to date version of directx, all these have been checked and where fine or update..

Heres the spec of the computer im not to sure if this is need as i didnt see any guidelines for posting on support forum.

Packard Bell iPower
intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2.40GHz
Ram 6.00GB

Hope to hear from someone soon, and thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post.

Ciaran

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Are you installing the 32bit or 64bit version of Ventrilo (there are 2 different versions)

Reaction score
Yes i am actually using the 64bit - ventrilo still getting the error message. I have also checked the event viewer and there isnt any error messages coming up at the times i tried to open it..

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Is the soundcard onboard or a purchased & installed card? Regardless of which one you have, please list the manufacturer.

Reaction score
Did you reconfigure your Ventrilo sound options?

Reaction score
Yes iv tried messing around with the ventrilo setup options but to no avail, Also i have noticed that the head set isnt coming up on the sound options > Recording, i have tried turned on the disable and disconnected the devices and the headset isnt been recongnized at all the only thing coming up is the Aux which is disabled, Also the options on my sound card have gone from the previous options i had on the vista where i could changed the sound on speakers and turn off the jack plugs etc or mess around with the recording sounds to just a standard volume bar. So i tired to reroll the sound card back to the realtek 64 bit vista high definition Audio driver this hasnt worked either..Looking for some help :(

Reaction score
Hmm The setup options usually fixed my issue when that popped up. Set your input and output mixers correctly if not search on the developers website of your sound card for updated drivers.

War

Reaction score
well just so everyone knows I am having the same problem and I sent over 2 hours on the phone with HP and they do not have any clue as to why it is not working so I guess we just found another bug that has affected us that they do not want to fix or acknowlegde. Anyways if anybody has found a solution please email me or response thanks

Reaction score
I am also having the exact same issue. Here are the specs to my computer. Need help please!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
9.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
GeForce GTX 260

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What version of Ventrilo? Do you have the latest, 3.0.5?

Is your headset USB or stereo jacks? If stereo jacks, do you use a separate soundcard or the connections integrated into the MB? Have you updated your sound drivers to the latest?

Ask a Question