Problem with Sleep Mode

Reaction score
i just joined this forum, you looked like someone that knew what they were talking about. i just downloaded win 7 to replace my vista in my x64 hp pc.
I've been calling new delhi daily and have replaced my printer and audio drivers - yet I continue to have trouble.
Everytime I come out of sleep mode - i have no audio. I expect this is one of the "New O/S" bugs.
Although my computer is new (relatively) HP will no longer assist with tech support. I changed the program they sold me - vista.
i admit - i'm puzzled.

Reaction score
More windows 7 trouble

who are you talking about? There is 6 people here.
it seems to all be related to the power/sleep mode. Everything changes after i go to sleep mode. How do i configure my power settings to stop this problem? A restart puts all my audio and display back as before.

Reaction score
The "windows 7" nightmare continues

It's only when I use my "Sleep Mode" that I loose functions. Last night I did a "Shut Down" and had no trouble at start up this morning.
I've now discovered along with Aero and some audio features I'm also loosing my "Screen Saver" function after using "Sleep".
I did an online download from the MS Store and have had nothing but trouble since. One thing helps to know, I'm not alone. I hope the people at MS are working on this issue. Friends told me to give it a year - let them work the bugs out they said. I wish I'd have listened to that advice. Live and learn.

Reaction score
Hi dwgeo104

I copied your post to this thread as it was confusing in the other thread and you was not getting a response. When you post back to this thread, I will clean up the other thread.

In a quick response to your question.
Could you look in your system bios and tell us what your ACPI settings are?

Also could you tell us what your Power Management settings are?
Are you telling both your display and computer to sleep?

Control Panel >> System and Security >> Power Options

Reaction score
power settings

Hi dwgeo104

I copied your post to this thread as it was confusing in the other thread and you was not getting a response. When you post back to this thread, I will clean up the other thread.

In a quick response to your question.
Could you look in your system bios and tell us what your ACPI settings are?

Also could you tell us what your Power Management settings are?
Are you telling both your display and computer to sleep?

Control Panel >> System and Security >> Power Options
I've used the Power Saver opton and default settings. I have an HP PC w/750GB HD, AMD Phenom X4 Processor and 7GB memory. I downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium over my broadband connection and have had problems since. Six months ago, I bought this HP PC from Walmart - it came with Vista Home Premium. I thought getting rid of Vista was the answer to all my problems - wrong. I can't believe my situation is anything special - there must be many people with this problem. Where is MS?
Thanks Cliff

Reaction score
Before i go for my hatchet

OK, I give up. If I walk away, my computer goes to sleep and won't work right until I do a restart. If I push the "Sleep" icon on the KB - ditto.
I'm left with one option, I have to "Shut Down" the machine every time I want a break. If anyone knows what settings in my Power Options/"Sleep Mode" must be made please inform me. Although my machine is new, HP Tech Support was voided when I upgraded to the new MS O/S Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't know where to turn now.
My Vista O/S had it's flaws and my hope was to put them behind me with this upgrade but I find I've gone from the frying pan into the fire. HELP.

Ask a Question