Problem with .flv file

Reaction score
I use windows7 32 bit. I downloaded a .flv file from megavideo using endlessoft video master. The video plays fine. But I cant move it, nor delete it or see its properties. when i try to delete it, no confirmation box appears, only the deleting box shows up but the progress bar doesnt move. also all the folders seem to take longer time to load.
Is this a virus? I saw a similar post (same problem) for someone using windows vista. i am not sure if the same solution works for win7. Please provide some solution asap.Thank you

Reaction score
Hi agpriya - Welcome to w7forums

What was the Vista solution?
Do you still have the link to the similar post?

Just to clarify, Are you using Explorer to delete the file?

Sometimes when opening a file, the file will be locked by the program to keep other programs from making changes and when closing the program the file may not be unlocked properly. This when happens may require a reboot.

Reaction score
Hello Moderator,
The Vista Solution was to reboot in safe mode and delete it. And another solution is to use file shredder. I tried both and nothing worked. I also tired to unlock the file using some file unlock software but there are no lock on the file. I tried rebooting so many times but there no no change. Please help. Thank you.

Reaction score
The solution in the vista forums gave 2 solutions
1) Use safe mode and delete it
2) Use File Shredder

I used file shredder and unlocker. At first it did not delete, but later when I rebooted the system it got deleted. I dont know how. Its solved now. Thanks

Hi agpriya - Welcome to w7forums

What was the Vista solution?
Do you still have the link to the similar post?

Just to clarify, Are you using Explorer to delete the file?

Sometimes when opening a file, the file will be locked by the program to keep other programs from making changes and when closing the program the file may not be unlocked properly. This when happens may require a reboot.

Ask a Question