SOLVED Problem with Download Folder.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, I posted about an infected computer, but not this one. It was my laptops, and they were false alarms. I downloaded some boot discs, and one had a password finder. Well, I made the discs, but didn't delete the files afterwards. That's what made the virus scanners go crazy, it reported that I had a "password stealer" on them. I'm beginning to agree with your diagnosis of the problem, though. Since I first posted this, I've seen three computers were the downloads folder was fine. I'm going to check out what you're talking about. Thanks.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I fixed the problem. I deleted the download folder that was beneath favorites (in Documents) and created one in my personal folder. I really didn't know what I was doing. I just clicked "new folder" and named it "downloads". Then I later downloaded a file and it went into the folder that I made. Is the OS that smart? I was just playing around, trying anything. Thanks to you all for your help.

Ask a Question