Problem with changing folder icon.

Reaction score
Here's the problem:
On 2nd hdd I wanna change folders icon(my custom icon) which is also there but it won't.
If I copy icon to random folder @ 1st hdd - folders icon @ 2nd easily changes, but if I copy folder with icon, it doesn't change..

I think it's bout permissions but I've tried to change em in all ways(I think so ^_^).

Hope for ur help.
Thx.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Shing and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

If you mean Folder Icons ? ... UAC needs to be off and your folders need to be installed to system

Reaction score
Hi Shing and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

If you mean Folder Icons ? ... UAC needs to be off and your folders need to be installed to system

Hi
Yeah I meant folder icons but custom made - basic icons alrdy @ sys hdd, but my custom icons I want to see @ 2nd hdd.
In that case I can't change folders icon (if icon is @ 2nd hdd) @ 2nd hdd - only when icon is on 1st hdd.

"...your folders need to be installed to system"

Mb u mean that my icons need to be in sys hdd..
If so - why it's need to be so?
@ XP I could change folders icons @ 2nd hdd while icons are @ 2nd hdd too.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Think I'm with you now , you want to change Drive Icons ... you need 3rd party software to do that in Windows 7.

Edit - Software like Microangelo ... but its retail >

Last edited:
Reaction score
Think I'm with you now , you want to change Drive Icons ... you need 3rd party software to do that in Windows 7.

Edit - Software like Microangelo ... but its retail >

No) u quite wrong.

When I use icon for folder at 2nd hdd from 1st hdd(icon from 1st) - then all is usual.

When I'm tryin to change folders icon which(icon) lies @ 2nd hdd - then icon don't applies.

||
\/
It's just resets to basic folder icon.

I bet 3rd party software will solve the problem but I don't need such way of solvin problem :)

I just need that icons @ 2nd hdd will easialy applies when I wanna change folders icon.

btw - ty for helpin solve ma prob ^_^

Last edited:

Ask a Question