Problem uninstalling Quicken XG 2004 from virtual machine

Reaction score
I initially had a problem running Quicken 2004 on my Win7 Professional 64bit computer so I installed it onto my virtual machine. Some months down the line I have overcome the issues of running it on my Win7 so now it is installed on both operating systems.
I did this to make sure it would work on Win7 before uninstalling the program on the virtual machine.
Now I am ready to uninstall the program on the virtual machine and just run it on Win7 but I get this message
"The install engine (kernel.exe) could not be launched. No such interface supported"
Does anyone have a way round this so that I don't have to uninstall both programs and re-install.
I can do this but it would be good to take an easier option.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried running a third party uninstaller like Revo uninstaller? Windows Add/Remove is just a link to the uninstaller, while Revo does it all.

Please try it :)
www.revouninstaller.com/

What's Quicken ?

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
FC, Quicken is a basic financial software used mainly for home budgeting, keeping track of expenses, etc...

Reaction score
Thanks Fire Cat. Yes, I have tried Revo uninstaller and Ccleaner. Neither will uninstall Quicken from my xpm. It is an old program but unfortunately Quicken was withdrawn from the UK and no longer available here. It is basic but ideal for what I want it to do which is keep a record of income and expenses on rented properties. I will just have to do the uninstall the longer way round, ie uninstall from Win7 first and then the xpm, re-installing once I have done this solely on the Win7. I have a backup of all the files I have created on the program so I should be ok.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Do you have many things installed in XP mode that you do still need?

Might be easier to remove Virtual XP and reinstall if it's just a few items.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
She's had XP Mode awhile, I don't know if she would want to go that way or not. But if she does, it's no problem. It's just redoing all of those updates and reinstalling your AV & other software, the updates take so long now, as there's around one hundred of them.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I installed three files (including a cummulative update) that made mine pretty fast.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

1. I installed Windows XP mode
2.VirtualPC_Windows6.1-KB958559-x64 (reboot required)
3.XPModeUpdate_Windows6.1-KB977206-x64 (reboot required)
4. Open XP for the first time and I received one update (virtual shuts down and restarts)

Ask a Question