Portcls.sys Windows 7 BSOD URGENT

Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently been encountering more and more frequent BSOD due to "portcls.sys" this has stumped since I have a practically no name dodgy sound card which I cant even find a model number on so cannot find any driver updates etc etc. I managed to find the download page of the company "C-media technologies" however when trying to download anything I have to login to some random page in chinese. Not going to happen. I am running windows 7 64 bit premium, an intel x58 MSI motherboard, 6.00 GB ram and as i stated a "C-media PCI audio device" of which I do not even have a model number for etc or can not find any information about.

This is really starting to bug me as the BSOD are happening at the most inconvenient of times. I have attached a Crash report . If anyone could possibly link me to a fix or updated drivers ANYTHING as this is starting to do my head in. Much appreciated
thankyou

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to W7 Forums.

We need the crash dump files in c:\windows\minidump directory.

Do you have Windows Service Pack 1 installed?
Have you run Windows update?

Reaction score
I would like to try and switch over to my onboard sound card however i have no idea how to do this, i have tried plugging my microphone and speakers into the onboard ports howver it is not displaying sound through it, i think it might have been disabled so the current unstable sound card is the only one being used ?, if so how can i switch over to my onboard sound car for my motheboard

Ask a Question