SOLVED popup file path

Reaction score
When I edit photos in Photoshop CS5 and hover my mouse in the upper left corner of the workspace near the filename I get a popup that usually conveys exactly the same info as is already there but is much bigger and very much in the way of trying to close the image or adjust opacity. I have spent hours trying to find a way to exterminate this thing. I believe it is being originated from Windows because I can find no mention of it anywhere in Photoshop and I get very similar popups when I hover on the Windows taskbar or on shortcut icons on my desktop.
Someone please tell me how to kill this thing, it's driving me nuts (nuttier).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The helpful and/or annoying bubble windows when you hover are likely "Tooltips". Tooltips are offered as controls in Windows which makes them look fairly consistent across applications, thus the reason the taskbar ones look the same, but their display (or not) is usually controlled within each application.

I've never used Photoshop CSS but I found >>THIS<< and I suggest you try it to disable the tooltips inside Photoshop CSS.

Please let us know if that solves your issue.

Reaction score
Hooray TrainableMan, it worked. Who would have thought that annoying crap would be called a tool tip?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft named them that when they created that type control. I can only guess it is because you see them most often when you hover over the little icons in toolbar menus; for example if you hover over a scissors icon the tooltip will popup saying "cut".

I'm glad it solved your issue.

Ask a Question