Peacekeeper Browser Benchmark - Add your browser to the list

Reaction score
I've started a benchmark with three browsers.
  1. Internet Explorer 9
  2. Firefox 4.01
  3. Opera 11.11

I know the numbers will go up and down depending on the systems running the benchmark app.
However I am curious what the numbers will do when others benchmark their browsers. :)

Here is the link to my scores, you can add your own browser to the list.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. - That is a second key created for this benchmark, I do have my very own key that I have been using for quite awhile.
Browser-Benchmark.png

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Well it took me ages to get Firefox to give me a result on the same table as IE9.

I loved IE7 and was disappointed when I had to move to IE8. I was even more disappointed that IE8 wouldn't work for me! It used to time out on the choose browsers page.

It would even time out on my totally innocuous home page:So I was forced into FF**. I've grown to quite like it, especially after finding the Vista-Aero skin so it looked and felt like IE7. **After about 6 months of FF I had to use IE and it loaded as if there had never been a problem. Go figure.

However, after these tests, done several times separately, just to check, it looks like I'll be moving back to IE with IE9.

Now, can I have my Search Box back and my tabs on a separate line please? Pretty Please!!

IE9 v FF 3.6.6 (The latest, fastest one on my PC).B.T. W. Saying I couldn't get FF to run Benchmark earlier isn't quite true. I did manage to get it to run the once on a full Benchmark Test page.

:eek: :eek: Ahem. :eek: :eek:

Sorry Clifford!! :aetsch: :D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that the Opera Web Browser is blowing away the competition is this benchmark. Twice of that of any browser listed so far. It is a really good browser, and has a Turbo Mode for slow connections that speeds up the browser.

I've always contended that Opera is too good of a browser to be stuck at the bottom with Safari. Who knows, that can change at any given time.

Haven't seen Chrome or Safari's specs yet.

Cat

Reaction score
If you click on any of the browsers in the benchmark scores, there will be a breakdown of six different categories. Out of the six categories, two are the strongest. This does not give the other four categories a fair handshake. If you think about it; the browser with the highest score in the strongest category, will out shine the browsers with high scores in the weaker categories.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I see, IE9 has them all beat in the "Data" category, and FF4 comes in second.

This is sort of the way that I feel with the WEI scores, a score of 3.1 in one category makes the otherwise good scores look bad. I don't call that a fair handshake either, but that's the way it is.

On the other hand, Opera has high marks in Social Networking, which accounts for a lot of non-business Web usage today. I'm not a part of that scene, but if I were, I couldn't ignore that mark. I just wonder if that number implies that Opera is a safer browser to use for those things.

Cat

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Off topic, but is it possible to hide that bloody Everything sidebar in IE9 that Goggle insists on sticking up?

Although I like the speed of 9 I'd rather run a slower FF just so I don't have to put up with it.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Hmmm.. I don't have it and Google is set as my default SE. Could it be a Euro thing?

Let me say I hardly ever use this browser.

Attachments

Reaction score
Off topic, but is it possible to hide that bloody Everything sidebar in IE9 that Goggle insists on sticking up?

Although I like the speed of 9 I'd rather run a slower FF just so I don't have to put up with it.
Check for Google addons in IE or for a Google toolbar in "Programs and Features".

By default there shouldn't be anything visible in IE other than the Menu Bar. I think the Menu Bar is even hidden by default.

Ask a Question