SOLVED Pc will not restart automatically after windows update or from start help?

Reaction score
I have built a new pc 64 bit cpu i3,1TB hard drive8 GB ram,,z87 motherboard,GT610 graphics card,i installed windows 7 ultimate SP1 64 BIT,all went well BUT,my pc will not shutdown/restart automatically in any way,it will shut down NORMALLY from start menu or any other means,but e.g when i receive windows update and the box comes up with your pc needs to restart and i press the restart yellow box the pc starts windows logging off shutting down and presumes to shutdown?,but the fasn on the pc keep running and the keyboard and mouse become inactive,the screen comes up no signal then goes black,the startup button remains illuminated on the tower and the only way to restart the pc is to keep th esart button pressed until th epc shuts down.

I have tried to load command from CM shutdown /r/ /f does not work,if i use CMD shutdown / t00 /f that wil shut down PC ,i have tried to look for answers so far have not been able to get PC to RESTART!.

Any help much appreciated

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try going into control panel > power options. Select change plan settings on the plan that is currently being used. Choose change advanced power settings in the next window. Under Hard disk set it to turn off: never. Also under Sleep, try allow hybrid sleep setting: off (if you have this setting, not all computers will).

Let us know if that allows it to shut down properly.

Reaction score
Try going into control panel > power options. Select change plan settings on the plan that is currently being used. Choose change advanced power settings in the next window. Under Hard disk set it to turn off: never. Also under Sleep, try allow hybrid sleep setting: off (if you have this setting, not all computers will).

Let us know if that allows it to shut down properly.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply and to everyone for their help and suggestions!,i have solved the problem myself after a lot of investigation and study over many days.

The problem was UPDATING THE BIOS
immediately after updating the BIOS in MSI UPDATER the PC RESTARTED no problem.

Ask a Question