PC versus Mac website launched By Microsoft

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Apple and Microsoft the 2 biggies in the Software industry and well known arch rivals are always up to something to show how and why they are best in the business.

Earlier you had the ‘I’m a Mac – I’m a PC ads” campaign. Then Microsoft started off with building on the pride factor with the “I am a PC” ads.

Apple couldn’t resist hitting back with their own “Get a Mac” advertisements. They even launched a Why you’ll love a Mac website.

And now recently Microsoft launched a similar website “PC v/s Mac”, first spotted by IThinkDiff, which compares the Windows 7 operating system with the Mac OS X. The site not only compares each and every aspect of the Windows 7 environment with the Mac OS X, but also points out the drawbacks in the Apple OS.

Microsoft has, as expected avoided pointing out the positive features that a Mac OS X may have over Windows 7, and instead only targeted its weaknesses. Apart from the comparison they also have a feature which allows the visitors to build their own PC.

Some of the sections include:

• Having Fun: Macs Might Spoil Your Fun
  • Simplicity: Macs Can Take Time To Learn
  • Working Hard: Macs Don’t Work As Well At Work Or At School
  • Sharing: Macs Don’t Like To Share
  • Compatibility: Macs Might Not Like Your PC Stuff
  • Choice: Macs Don’t Let You Choose
Check out PC vs Mac !

It would be interesting to see how Apple reacts to this!

Reaction score
I find this whole "Mac vs PC" thing laughable. I could understand this more if neither of the two had software that was run and supported on the other guys OS. I see this strategy as a form of support and then back stabbing.

I don't know anything about a Mac, this does not mean I am going to degrade the other guy because of what I choose to work with. If I want a PC, I will get a PC. If I want a Mac, I will get a Mac. These tactics will not sway my opinion either way. To be honest it lessens my opinion for the ones who use these tactics.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Remember C_C... just don't shoot the messenger! LOL! ;)

:ridinghorse::afraid:

Reaction score
I'm wondering how much the learning curve compares for someone using a Mac the first time and someone moving to Win7 and having only used XP.
When I got my Macs a mate gave me a very handy guide and I was working quite well after a few hours. Basic working almost straight away.
Wonder how I'll go when I swap To WIN7.

Ask a Question