Password Expiration Reminder

Reaction score
I am having a recurring issue with the password reminder notification. My password is set to never expire. However, I continue to get reminders from the system that my password is about to expire, and prompted to change it. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How do I turn off the notification?

Also...to let you know what I have already tried...I attempted to set the minimum and maximum password age to 0...but since the option of "password never expires" is already selected...it overrides the ability to manipulate the max/min password age.

In other words, my system has been set for the password to NOT expire, but it still continues to prompt me to change my password.

Reaction score
To remove the password expiration is very easy.
All you need to do is follow these steps.

1. Press Windows + R key combination to bring up the Run box. Type netplwiz or control userpasswords2 and press Enter. The User Accounts dialogue box will appear.
  2. Click on Advanced tab in the user account.
  3. Click on Advanced button in the Advanced user management window and it will open Local User and Group.
  4. Double click the Users Folder in the Local User and Group.
  5. Select your user account from the list and right click > select Properties
  6. It will open another window, click on General tab and check the option of Password never expires.
  7. Click on Apply and then click on OK button.

Ask a Question