Outlook 2003 Message Rules Don't Work in Win7

Reaction score
Did a clean install upgrade from XP and installed office 2003. I used a utility called backrex to save and reinstall my office settings. Everything works fine except my message rules do not work. I get an error message similar to unable to move from inbox. I deleted all of my rules and was only able to recreate the ones going through the specified account to a folder. All other rules attempted produced the rule but the underlined portion that you click and fill out were not underlined so it is impossible to do the rules other than through the specified account. After finishing each rule I attempted to run the rule in the inbox to sort the emails and that failed and I received the error message unable to move from inbox. I have 47 email accounts for my businesses and for my sanity must use rules. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know of a solution?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've moved my accounts from Office 2003 on Vista to Office 2007 on W7 and I was able to get all of the imported rules working fine after tweaking them slightly. I had to edit each one and then deselect "on this computer only" or something to that effect. Once that was done they all worked fine. I don't think that is the problem in this case, but it may be worth checking. This rule criteria was tagged on as the very last entry in my case.

Ask a Question