Onenote Error Accessing document library

Reaction score
Hello Experts!

Need your help to solve an issue with Ms OneNotes (MSON). We are using Citrix Xenapp 6 on Windows 2008 R2 server to publish some apps like MSNO -2010 and MS office suite 2007. We have people that used MSON on there laptop.

One of our users create a MSON file on a document library hosted in our sharepoint foundation portal. All people using MSON localy on Win 7 OS can access that file without problems. Others, using MSON on citrix can’t access that document. I already ask a person that used MSON localy to access that same file with citrix without success.

I login to the Citrix server, I give appropriate permission to access the sharepoint library and try to open the file using local application, failed!
I’ve got the popup some files can harm your computer…. And when I click ok I got the same error “ oneNote Has encountered a problem and cannot complete this operation

I try to uninstall reinstall MSON without success, All updates are applied.

Any help appreciated!!

thanks

Reaction score
-Exit OneNote.

-Find the corrupt section file via Windows Explorer (probably in Documents-->OneNote Notebooks).

-Make a backup copy of this file just to be safe.

-Shift+right-click the original file and select "Copy as path".

-Click Start and select Run.

-Type onenote.exe /forcerepair, then a space, then Paste the path to the corrupt file

Ask a Question