Older programs into Win7..64bit

Reaction score
After that success with Skype into Win7 decided to have another look at the programs I had problems with..DataDirector 2 ; EzyChart ; EzyManager...I installed an Acronis backup file, the original install with only Acronis up and running..what do you know!! have installed those 3 program now into Win7 64bit:)..would cost way over A$1000. to replace these "must have" for me programs plus heaps and heaps of work to transcribe Tax nec. data.. DataDirector went in easly but the other 2 took a bit of fiddling..I did have these installed in Virt. XP mode but even though MS Virt. PC is the best I have used by a long chalk, there are delays starting it up and it will hang sometimes when you first click into it..increaded Ram allacation to 1g helped a little..much much better to have all the programs in Win7:)
Just a quick word on Vista..have used this program from when first out, some problems with driver to start but since have found it a great program for me ..stable and better than XP.. but am finding Win7 better than both especially 64bit.... has to be the way to go:) I remember 8bit and 16bit..Did anyone see that program on Quantam computers?? they will be like an ocean liner to a rowboat..all I have to do is live long enough!!

Reaction score
Udate from another forum

Hi,

Trouble Installing Software in Win 7? Disable the (CEIP)" Client.
After trying (and failing with a critical error) to install the software programs Mac Drive and even Adobe Acrobat v8 and EzyChart in Microsoft Windows 7, I found this suggestion in the "Important Messages" flag in the tray icons in the bottom right corner of the screen, which immediately fixed the install failure issue.
An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in
Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working
properly.

To solve this problem, follow these steps:
  • Click the Start button ,
    click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
  • Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as
    administrator.
    In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is
    Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the
    following text at the prompt:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va

/f
  • Press Enter to install the solution.
  • If The operation completed successfully displays, close the
    Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If
    "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top,
    making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.
(Or)
If you are facing Windows 7: MSIEXEC and EXPLORER Crash When Installing Programs
There is a problem with Windows 7 where almost any program that installs using an MSI crashes explorer.exe and msiexec.exe.
To try to solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Press the Start orb.
2. Type cmd into the Start Search area.
3. Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
4. Type:reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f then press Enter.

This is from another forum where I asked the same question.....Still does not explain why you can install without any problem on a fresh install of Win7 but after a few weeks you can't so what changes??

Ask a Question