SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

Reaction score
I was not aware of this fact. I appreciate the "heads up" on that one thing.

:):beer:
Prometheus
You only needs to download the English 64 bit version according to the license you own (Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise ......)

I recommend downloading the SP1 media refresh version. It is the newest version
The links can be found on the 3rd page of this thread( https://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325p3.html )

This is a fountain of knowledge indeed. Thanks Gurus!

Reaction score
Alright, I recently bought a new W7 straight from Microsoft Store, bcuz I lost the first set of CDs and Keys to the first W7 I bought. Well I have this new Product Key but no CDs so I can do a fresh install of W7. So many links throughout this thread, not sure which one I would need.

Its 64bit Home Premium btw, if some1 could point me in the right direction would be much appreciated :)
Also how big are these files that need to go on the CD?

Reaction score
So many links throughout this thread, not sure which one I would need.

Also how big are these files that need to go on the CD?
The links in the Original Post will work, they have been continually edited so they are current.

The files are on average 4GB in size and written to a DVD not a CD.

Reaction score
The links in the Original Post will work, they have been continually edited so they are current.

The files are on average 4GB in size and written to a DVD not a CD.
Ya, I am working on burning it now. Ive been having problems since the first blow up I did. I just up dated like 10 drivers that were out of date, hope those fix the problem Ive been having. If not I think I might blow up computer again and hope for the best the 2nd time around.

Reaction score
If you can't burn it to a dvd,extract the files to a folder(using Winrar or something like that) and run setup.exe to install windows 7.I have done this many times.Its also 10 times faster than installing by a DVD.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Who cares? more updates in ISO means less after installtion
If somebody is going to download the iso give them the latest
Well... I care! It's only one additional update versus the original SP1 ISO version. In addition, less than probably 3% of computers would need that update.

You're making it appear as if these new ISO images are WAY better and much improved over the previous SP1 versions. Well, they're not as I explained in my post two weeks ago.

Reaction score
Is there any reason I can't burn this image using K3B on my Linux Box? Is there any thing I need to watch for, other than using verify and a slow burn speed? Can I add drivers and/or software to the ISO?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Tried to write to DVD at 4x but had fatal error. Reran K3B using stimulate and got another fatal error which means .iso is bad. I'm re-downloading and will try again, this time at 3x (after running it through stimulate). At this point I just want a working copy. My original Win7 Home Premium Install disk is not working on anything. If I can't get this to work then the only other solution is to buy a new Win7 HP install, and that burns me up to pay twice for the same product.

Reaction score
NO as even if you patched the iso ,you still need to activate it suning a genuine serial

Reaction score
Hello all!,

Just a bit confused with a few things and I was hoping that somebody could shed some light on a few things :D

first off, I am attempting to do a clean install of windows 7 x64 Home premium on my laptop (which is in dire need of it)

I have downloaded
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24209.iso 2147483647 X17-24209.iso Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English

and then subsequently burnt it via ImgBurn using 3x speed and verify (all seems to be working i.e multiple files on disc).

So now I have changed the BIOS to boot from disc, restarted and followed the prompts, once I press start install I get a driver error stating that my CD/DVD driver is not found. No matter where i browse on the options available to me I cannot find anything to remedy the problem.

After searching for a solution I was told to change my drive from Ahaci? to IDe but this didnt work...

Any ideas??

When running the ISO dl from this thread in MS USB DVD tool it gives the error invalid ISO?

Stuck scratching my head!

Cheers!

Reaction score
I think the downloded iso is damaged.If that is the case,next time use download managers like IDM(Internet Download Manager) for downloading the iso again.

If the laptop you are trying to install windows 7 is still in a working condition(at least bootabale),Extract the iso image to a folder using Winrar,Winzip or 7zip and run the setup.exe from the extarcted files to install windows 7.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I doubt that you had a bad ISO image burn at 3X burning speed with ImgBurn, especially using the Verify feature.

BE SURE to enable your DVD drive as the "First Boot Device" in the motherboard's BIOS settings and then save it in the BIOS. Insert the Windows 7 install DVD you burned and restart your computer.

The install should automatically start and begin to install. IF you see a prompt which states: "Press Any Key To Boot From CD/DVD Drive" then do so and the install will begin. You must do that within 5 seconds or you'll have to reboot again.

Keep us posted!
~Nibs

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the advice. All solved now, turned out it was just a bad iso, I used my mates and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks again!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the advice. All solved now, turned out it was just a bad iso, I used my mates and it worked flawlessly.

Thanks again!

Good For You! Glad to hear it! :D

Perhaps you'll be able to burn a new download of the ISO needed.

Ask a Question