SOLVED Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well you do need a W7 Installation disk (or the ISO); I'm just saying the disk you need is Home Premium, not Ultimate, and then you need both your Home Premium product key & then you need your Anytime Upgrade key that you bought to move it to Ultimate.

Reaction score
Yeah, I do have my home premium disc and product key and I have my Anytime Upgrade product key.

It's just that after talking to MS Store and Tech, store said they no longer have discs and Tech support made it sound like without a 7 Ultimate disc I was screwed. Not a single person said if I reinstall Home Premium I can just go back to Anytime Upgrade and put my 7 Ultimate key in there and reinstall/upgrade again.

That's why I have been in a bit of a panic mode and looking for .iso for future reinstall. But sure, if the Anytime Upgrade still has 7 Ultimate for me to redo this, everything is fine. Guess I was hoping someone could verify this. I sure do not want to be stuck with 7 Home Premium again and rebuying Ultimate.

But later today, I will go ahead and do another fresh reinstall of Windows 7 Home Premium and go to the Anytime Upgrade as you instruct and all should be fine then.

Reaction score
Yes there is a difference ... at least one extra hour because you have to install the old version and then install the Service Pack whereas SP1 version has them already integrated.
I knew that it would take longer, I meant like in terms of does it end up taking more hard drive space/cause more problems then the sp1 version. I have unlimited data so I don't mind waiting a long time.

It's probably best to add some warning that the links are down since people are going to keep coming in with the same questions as I did. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Actually your post & vvostok's were the first I had heard of the issue and because of the links in them they both had to be approved at the same time so vvostok never saw your post when he had submitted his. This is not the first time Microsoft has done something like this to the links and then they were back a few days later so I'm hoping it returns to normal.

ComputerJunkie, I have done it myself on one of the laptops I support. The other information about installing W7 Ultimate and using the Anytime key though, is absolutely false; it can not be installed that way. It is more likely they thought you had a W7 Ultimate Upgrade key, which was used to go from XP or Vista to W7 Ultimate; that is very different from an W7 Ultimate Anytime upgrade key which goes from one W7 version up to another W7 version

Within W7 Anytime upgrades there are three available: an Anytime upgrade key to go from Home Prem to Pro, yet another Anytime upgrade to go from Pro to Ultimate, and then the one you have which goes from Home Prem all the way to Ultimate. None of these keys are interchangeable and none of them can be used directly on a reinstall to go to the desired version; you must always have the starting w7 version installed and then apply the Anytime upgrade to get to the destination version.

Reaction score
Hi TrainableMan,

Well, I was only telling you what Microsoft Store said to me and what Microsoft Tech told me during all the transfers. That's why I was panicked. I thought that meant they removed 7 Ultimate away from the Anytime Upgrade Options. Afterall, there were some deadline dates back on January 31st, so I was basing my panic on what MS themselves were implying. Afterall, I thought we were supposed to be able to trust Microsoft, the company that sold us this stuff. I find WAY more answers outside of their website than I do on their website! That's sad too. And they most certainly did know how upgraded-I explained the entire process to each person. However, another interesting thing happened yesterday morning. Microsoft, yet another person, actually called me to make sure I got 7 Ulimate up and running and said that if I have questions I can call them back but he refused to give me the reference number, that they ALL demand when you call in! He said not to worry, the case is still open-well I am worried! LOL Because I the strange thing is that this time I had a few fails on the Windows Updates that did not happen back in January when I first upgraded. Still trying to figure this one out.

ANYWHO...GOOD NEWS!!! 2 things:

1) I 100% trusted you and reinstalled my OEM 7 Home Premium and did another Anytime Upgrade to my Ultimate 7 and got 'er done.

2) I had been researching ALL kinds of things and this time with the fresh install, same things were happening. I spent all this time, since my last reply looking into things again and it was the Nvidia Geforce Experience that was screwing up LOTS of things on here. So I did a clean install again of the Nvidia drivers, unticking the Experience option and she's running like back on January 22nd-shiny and new!

I want to seriously thank you for your replies and encouragement and giving me the confidence to move forward. It ended up a happy ending!

P.S. AND I made a system image on 3 external hard drives-I do NOT want to go through this again! LOL

Thanks again Dude and Happy New Year!

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it. As for the updates, some can build on others so 1 may fail if run before another. I generally suggest when seeing a lot of them to only do about 10 at a time and the .NET stuff I like to do one at a time because they take so long.

It does concern me that "Microsoft called you". I agree you should be suspicious that the individual could not supply the reference number. Never run software or go to websites from a stranger calling you out of the blue provides; I know for a while there were fake calls saying they were from Microsoft and that "they had detected a problem with your computer, please go to" yada yada where it has you "run a scan" that actually infects your computer with a virus. It is a little less suspicious in your case since you had opened a trouble ticket with them.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am pretty sure it really was Microsoft on this occasion and he didn't try to get me to go to any sites or anything. I thought it was weird he would not give me a reference number after all the hubbub about it in the first place.

Did those fake calls include Microsoft and a phone number on the Caller ID?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Dader, we have no way to verify the files stored there so I have removed the direct link but I have left the source so people could go there and then decide for themselves. Also, please do not use bit.ly links.

WARNING: Always be cautious and scan all files downloaded from the internet. The zipped up ISO RARs from mydigitallife may well be legitimate but they are not coming from Microsoft/Digital Rivers so we here at w7forums have no way to know for sure.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Computerjunkie, I don't know. I suspect yours was legitimate because you had contacted them.

These other calls were just out of the blue and would say something like "Microsoft has detected error messages coming from your computer and it is important that you go to http: ..."

However with VOIP, robocallers can put in any name and return phone # so there is no certainty with callerid

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm looking for a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit ISO to install on a desktop i'm going to be building shortly. I tried the link on the first page and it no longer works. Out dated? Could someone link/point me in the right direction? Seems like all the links I find no longer work. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I could sharing the English ISO (both 32 and 64 SP1 disk) for which I personally edited out the ei.cfg. My upload is not the greatest and would take a few days to share.

Reaction score
Reaction score
You are welcome vvostok :) , I've been searching for any valid link for 3 consecutive days for Win 7 & this seems to be the best result that I found ...
:cool:

Reaction score
Ok aren't 2, i would say that all are broken ^^

Please save us, you are the only way to get the image of a purchased product... :(

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We realize the links no longer work for most people...

>>> PLEASE DO NOT POST ASKING FOR LINKS <<<

If you read above you will see Microsoft has made the Digital Rivers links nearly impossible to use so you will need to find the ISOs elsewhere.

You might consider Dader's post HERE but realize those file links are not coming from Microsoft so their safety is not guaranteed.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
There isn't neither a way to check the md5sum? This behaviour from microsoft is insane.
The most easy thing to download is a torrent brought to you with crack, and for who
has paid a regular license (and recognized) from a vendor is forced to download untrusted sources...

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24395.iso 2147483647 X17-24395.iso Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English
I was tried to download this version of win 7 after 99.85% the download was failed and when i tried again the link took me to the win official page where it was asking product key which I dont have what will be the solution to download a official win 7 ultimate with that 1 month free usability?

Ask a Question