Official iso downloads are not working

Reaction score
I am trying to load windows 7 on to a usb drive for instilation.
I have tried downloading the offical iso wor windows 7 home premium x64 eng seven times now. Every time, when I open it in the windows usb/dvd download tool it tells me that it is not a valid iso file. I have tried many other programs all the way to trying to use pendrive linux to do it. None of them work, its almose as if all seven times the file has been corrupted. I also notice that my browser reports each download as complete with no errors but the file sizes have varied between downloads, one time I downloaded the iso file and got 1.3gb of it another time was 3.04gb of it. I fail to understand what is going wrong here. I am also making sure to use the offical iso files located at the top of the page.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

What are you using to download the ISO?

You could try Free Download Manager, just to download the ISO.

Then use something like CDBurnerXP or ImgBurn to burn to a CD/DVD.

Or to get a bootable Windows 7 Installation USB have a look at this Youtube video.

Just for further reference, have a look at the Freeware DB which might have some application to help, sometime in the future.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am trying to load windows 7 on to a usb drive for instilation.
I have tried downloading the offical iso wor windows 7 home premium x64 eng seven times now. Every time, when I open it in the windows usb/dvd download tool it tells me that it is not a valid iso file. I have tried many other programs all the way to trying to use pendrive linux to do it. None of them work, its almose as if all seven times the file has been corrupted. I also notice that my browser reports each download as complete with no errors but the file sizes have varied between downloads, one time I downloaded the iso file and got 1.3gb of it another time was 3.04gb of it. I fail to understand what is going wrong here. I am also making sure to use the offical iso files located at the top of the page.
Welcome to the W7Forums.

You could try Free Download Manager, just to download the ISO.

Then use something like CDBurnerXP or ImgBurn to burn to a CD/DVD.

Or to get a bootable Windows 7 Installation USB have a look at this Youtube video.

Just for further reference, have a look at the Freeware DB which might have some application to help, sometime in the future.

Hope this helps.
I have tried 3 times to download 64 bit home premium ma reached is 20 % download, then stps. What gives?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mike macur,

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You might try the W7 SP1-U (Media Refresh Edition) further down in the thread.

For X17-58997.iso the size is 3,243,070 KB and WinMD5Free tells me the MD5 checksum is:
da319b5826162829c436306bebea7f0f

Reaction score
I have tried downloading the W7 ISO sooooo many times all I get to is either 160 mb or 340mb downloads ? looks like its completed but never is?? help what am I doing wrong??

Ask a Question