Office 2007 Installation Problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just attempting to install Office 2007 on my Windows 7 installation, however am having no success.

After navigating the installation option wizard and hitting the 'Install' button, I'm told that the Windows Installer Bootstrapper has stopped working, and the installation crashes out.

I've had a look in Event Viewer, and it seems to be the fault of ntdll.dll - more specifically from some Googling it appears to be a SEGFAULT.

Of course it would be nice to get Office on here, and so I come wondering if someone may have some ideas to help me out? I've Googled heavily, thus far to no avail :(!

You guys managed it?

Thanks in advance,
James

Reaction score
I know this is no help whatsoever, but I thought I'd let you know I have so far managed to install Office 2007 on Windows 7 on 3 different systems, all without any install problems at all.

For what it's worth, Office 2007 works very well under Windows 7, and I haven't experienced any crashes.

Hope you find a solution to your problem soon :)

Reaction score
Solved

Wow, thanks for the link to that thread njek - the fix described within seems to have done the trick!

Incase anyone else stumbles across this thread, the fix is:

• Open Registry
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\Disabled Sessions
  • Rename key 'MachineThrottling' to '_MachineThrottling'
Thanks again!

Reaction score
LOL...I went off to bed before the fix was posted on that link! Can't claim any credit for directing you to the fix itself...

However, I'm glad that this has solved your problem, as it has also solved the problem I had with Windows Update :)

Ask a Question