office 2003

Reaction score
i am unable to install microsoft office 2003 ---what is the solution???

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
It would help us help you if you told us what the problem was. Plainly: are there error messages, and if so, what are they? At which point during the installation do they appear? etc.

Reaction score
I inserted office 2003 and installed-It showed completed although it never asked for my product key. whenever i try to use the application it cannot not open. When I look for office 2003 in my control panel it does not show. It does show on my start up program but again the window installer cannot open it. I do receive messages about system policy .Can you help?

Reaction score
I am also receiving a message incompatible application if i try to right click and install -it will not complete successfully.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Well - I don't think Office 2003 is compatible with Windows 7...

You could try running the installer in compatibility mode for Windows XP

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
According to the Microsoft compatibility center office 2003 is not.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
There. You should think of updating :D Office 2010 is allready out!

Reaction score
I have ran it in the compatability mode for windows xp but i am still having problems with it installing on my new computer

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Um... Did you read Trainableman's post? Office 2003 can't run on Windows 7.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Um... Did you read Trainableman's post? Office 2003 can't run on Windows 7.
Really?

Runs fine on my wife's PC, on Windows 7 x64.

I'd rather she used a newer version, but she hates the ribbon interface.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually - You could try running the install as admin AND in compatibility mode... That might work.

Reaction score
how do i disable the uac. I have tried running it in both admin and compability

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
how do i disable the uac. I have tried running it in both admin and compability
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

Disable UAC, reboot, uninstall Office, reboot if asked to, maybe use CCleaner to clean the registry to get Office fragments out. Might want to run Microsoft Update. Reinstall Office.

Not saying that will work, and I wouldn't normally recommend turning off the UAC since it is a security feature, but I've installed Office 2003 on my wife's PC several times without issues, and the only things I could think of that I do between a fresh Windows install and installing Office is patching up Windows via Microsoft Update, and disabling the UAC.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The compatibility center says it has issues but I have read others who had it installed and just had issues with creating certain file types or doing something or other. So there is a way to get it to install on at least some W7 machines, Microsoft doesn't really go into the details as to why it is listed as incompatible because of course they want to sell copies of the newer versions.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Fact:

Both my wife and I have Office 2003 installed on our machines, we are both running Win7 Home premium. No issues installing or using Office 2003.

Reaction score
I have installed my microsoft office 2003 by disabling my uac but i still can not run the programs-whenever i click on them they simply go through the process of installation.I have tried to run downloads for the service pack for 2003 and the compatablilty but i receive the message that the office 2003 is not on my computer

Ask a Question