Nvidia driver problems

Reaction score
Hey there, I recently got a acer apsire 5830tg with an nvidia gt520m. When I tried to install the driver it said I needed to install an intel driver first. Which I did. Then I installed the driver and it's showing up in device manager, but I still can't play any games. It's coming up with errors like "Hardware acceleration may be disabled". Other games just crash with no errors. My specs are:

Intel i5-2400m processor, 4GB of ram, nvidia GeForce gt520m, 2.50ghz CPU, 64-bit Win7.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you sure you have all the drivers installed? If there are any warning icons in device manager you may have missing drivers for the CHIPSET etc that could be a problem.

If you go to ACER there are three different VGA video drivers, since you said NVidia I can rule out the Intel but you should be using either:
NVIDIA VGA Driver 8.17.12.6721 262.0 MB 2011/04/15 Download
or
NVIDIA VGA Driver (Physx) 9.10.0514 24.6 MB 2011/04/15 Download

If that doesn't work and your computer is still under warranty then I suggest you contact ACER. There is no reason I can think of that a computer with that amount of power should have hardware acceleration disabled.

Ask a Question